hello from harrisburg pa

LOL , Well along the Swatara off N. Railroad may be good once the water level goes down. The Lake out in Gretna ,Annville College on the left side of 934 N behind the ball fields is a good spot for relics in the wood patch along the tracks , Might try some of those farms on the road on the opposite side of the Mallard quarry entrance , the 2nd on the right was built early 1800's and it isn't the original house, it is owned by the Biondi family, nice people just don't talk about guns and don't tell them you know me lol . we were friends until she flipped out on the potential gun bans and we had a falling out, across the street is rabbit briars and pasture and has some old foundations on it and that is owned by the first farm on the left after that first 90 degree corner, nice young couple. if you want to go towards Harrisburg some if you turn by the Spoke House bike shop and head thru Mudtown go past the Mini golf course and as soon as you pass under the RR bridge veer right and the house is the first and only one on the right before the bridge over the beaver creek. the house across the street is 1700's and they own up to Derry street on that side and down to the creek and behind the new house all the way down to where the creek goes under the RR tracks . below the old house is an old cold spring with a foundation and there is a bottle dump for the farm about 1/2 to Derry street, if you go across the bridge at the Welty house on the right is Boyscout land and on the left is owned by the house on the right with the huge stone wall , Harold Vogt. if you go to the left at the Y the first entrance is Crestview manor civic Assoc. park and they have been having parties there since the early 60's at least. Not sure who runs it these days. lots of land to search there, maybe 50 acres, across the street from the Vogts is a house with a pond and surrounded by woods, there are old logging trails and trails thru those woods that will take you back maybe 2 miles and you will find old stuff there. I will try to think of a few places closer to Palmyra and will post them here for you

I am an old man lol ,If I can perform a miracle I may be able to come up this summer for a week or two and then I can hit some of those spots that are secret and maybe take a few friends.

Palmyra's a fairly old town. Have you tried asking neighbors if you can detect their yards. Research how others obtain permission and try their approach. You'll get some no's but it only takes a couple yes replies to yield some good finds. Just be sure if you do private yards you are precise with your recovery technique. Don't know when the other poster did his hunting but LVC and Gretna Lake are off limits.

Back
Top Bottom