• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lawton area

tripz.am

Hello everyone just wondering if anybody is metal detecting in my area looking to maybe make a hunting buddy my wife goes with me most of the time but she seems to be losing momentum or interest just pm me or reply thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hello everyone just wondering if anybody is metal detecting in my area looking to maybe make a hunting buddy my wife goes with me most of the time but she seems to be losing momentum or interest just pm me or reply thanks.

You need to let members know what state Lawton is in in case someone is in a close by neighboring town.

Do you give your wife half the finds ? Maybe that will help hold her interest, especially if you give her first pick of the finds :lol:

Good point it is in Oklahoma. Lol yea my wife and I have been putting all our finds together.

Welcome from N FL!

We are starting a project in Durant OK in about 2 weeks, about a 6 week duration. I may take my MD when I fly up for the kick off meeting.

GL & HH! :grin:

Hi and welcome from down the road in Oklahoma. Not looking for hunting buddies but there are, or used to be some guys over at Lawton who posted on here.

Hi and welcome from down the road in Oklahoma. Not looking for hunting buddies but there are, or used to be some guys over at Lawton who posted on here.

BBsGal's reply gave me the idea to do a forum search so I just did a forum search for "Lawton" and here are a few of the results -

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2762025&highlight=lawton#post2762025

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2500760&highlight=lawton#post2500760

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=2434092&highlight=lawton#post2434092

I grew up there. On Ft. Sill to be exact. I wish to all heavens, I'd had a metal detector on Post. If you can get on Post, see if you can go down Upton Road, and Shanklin Circle and door knock for permission on all of those houses. Those were built in the late 1800s, and there's BOUND to be some silver in those yards! If you ARE able to get access, please let me know, my father lost a gold wedding ring in the front yard of the house we were living in. I'll offer a $100 return fee for that one. :) He'd blow his top to get it back. In fact, he's told me multiple times if I ever go back for any reason to take my detector and see if I could find it!

In fact, all over the dang parade fields and stuff, too. :) Probably loaded with trash, from me as a kid, though.

thinking about "where to go" you might also check out the various beaches at Lawtonka, and Letra if you can get into the Ft. Sill side (if not, if you have a boat, just motor over from the Refuge side.) Lots of brought in sand on those beaches, that probably are just begging to be detected.

Anywhere from 2nd street to Sheridan Road will be "old town," too, and you should find plenty of goodies there.

As for "where do people hang out and lose rings?" Hit the local high schools like crazy. If they're not cleaned out, I'll bet there's a ton of jewelry on the sidelines of the practice fields. Especially at Lawton High School on the North side of the school where the band practice field is. The southern end of that north field should be loaded (that's where all the bags got put for countless numbers of years).

Elmer Thomas Park would probably be my first hit, though.

Cheers!

Skippy

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum, i live in Ardmore a couple hours drive away. I might be able to meet up with you sometime and hunt on a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom