Threw Rings in Woods

The first man that came was unsuccessful but I did give him $50 for the time and effort. He said no, but I insisted. He was kind and helpful and really did try hard.

The second couple was from the website suggested. They found one of the three after a few hours searching. They absolutely refused any type of payment, even for gas. I realize the website says no payment, no tipping, but I did think of maybe sending a gift card for dinner to them. Would that be allowed?

Also, an update... After that couple left I put on my rain boots and thick pants and gave it a go with my little $200 detector. They marked where the other ring was found and I starting searching that area and found my other band within 30 minutes of searching. Yay! Now just to find the main diamond.

The first man that came was unsuccessful but I did give him $50 for the time and effort. He said no, but I insisted. He was kind and helpful and really did try hard.

The second couple was from the website suggested. They found one of the three after a few hours searching. They absolutely refused any type of payment, even for gas. I realize the website says no payment, no tipping, but I did think of maybe sending a gift card for dinner to them. Would that be allowed?

Also, an update... After that couple left I put on my rain boots and thick pants and gave it a go with my little $200 detector. They marked where the other ring was found and I starting searching that area and found my other band within 30 minutes of searching. Yay! Now just to find the main diamond.

Sounds like this will turn out ok. Good for you.....:yes:

Take three similar weighted washers and stand where you stood and throw them with similar force where you threw the rings and watch where they land then start the search there :)

Oops - just saw your update- hope this helps someone else in the future though :)

Just an update... All three rings have been recovered!! Crazy way to get interested into this hobby, but I am motivated to help other like the nice people helped us. Plus, I've always thought I was a pirate in a past life, and this is the modern day treasure hunting. :) thank you to everyone who offered help and ideas. It means a lot. I can't wait to take this detector out for fun again.

Just an update... All three rings have been recovered!! Crazy way to get interested into this hobby, but I am motivated to help other like the nice people helped us. Plus, I've always thought I was a pirate in a past life, and this is the modern day treasure hunting. :) thank you to everyone who offered help and ideas. It means a lot. I can't wait to take this detector out for fun again.

Congratulations on finding your rings. Now, how about some nice photographs of the owner wearing her rings?

We have a saying among pirates in this forum: "pictures or it didn't happen". :lol:

See, flinging them was for a good cause in the end. Had you flushed them you may now be interested in the septic field business.

Another pirate is born :yes:

I'm happy to hear that you have your rings back again!

Glad it worked out. My wife once put a 20K Gold Charm on the dogs leash. This was a family heirloom and I warned her over and over again. Well dog would often run out into the woods and do its business. One day he ran off and when he came back, no more charm. Within a month the dog was diagnosed with Cancer and passed. Wife was besides herself and I would search and search and nothing. About 5 years later, we were about to move and we thought it would be lost forever. I was detecting along an area at the edge of our yard and bing, found it.

Try this,

Do you have something around the house with a similar weight value? If so, go to the same spot and throw it with the approx same force and you might be able to find the general area of the rings. However, maybe a friend of yours could be near the woodline to see where the item landed. I would get on top of this asap since an animal can take things for a walk.

Oh - you found the rings, my bad for not reading all the posts

Back
Top Bottom