Victorian 1884 silver locket, silver coin, silver ring and biggest one day dollar toatal EVER!

Kiwisan

Two days of hunting have produced some of my best finds in New Zealand to date.

The first hunt yielded the locket and an old British penny. The second, everything else.

The locket is Victorian. The horseshoe motif was made popular as a serious fashion piece in the second half of the 19th century by the antics of Prince Edward, (later King Edward VII http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_VII ) who happened to be an avid horse racing fan. The inside contained a picture of some sort, now long gone and so fragile that the card basically disintegrated. 1884. Nice:grin:
Amazed when I saw the stamps as it meant that I was able to date it precisely.

The second days hunt yielded all the rest. A total of 55 coins. $NZ 44 spendable dollars, 21 of which came from under the same tree and said tree also produced the silver ring. There must be no more dollars left in this area. That was the last place left for me to go over and now the park has been completely walked, crisscrossed and dug. From now on...only dribbles.

Here are the pics, I hope you enjoy and as always, Thanks for looking.:grin:

Qtown Aug 25th.jpg

Qtown Aug 25th (1).jpg

Qtown Aug 25th (2).jpg

Qtown Aug 26th.jpg

Qtown Aug 26th (1).jpg

Qtown Aug 26th (3).jpg

Qtown Aug 26th (4).jpg

Congrats on a great hunt. I love that broach. The silver ring is pretty also. We envy you those 1 and 2 dollar coins here in the states. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Back
Top Bottom