non-metal digger

(Heavy)

Elite Member
FGX Tai Pan

TaiPan-1.jpg

Just ordered one for working with the pro-pointer in the bark multch. They are amazingly available and really inexpensive. Kinda makes all those airport metal detectors obsolete. Good thing someone is sitting down at the x-ray machine :shock:

http://www.coldsteel.com/nightshadeseries.html

Bought a set of them plastic and ceramic knives for the kitchen last year and they are great and stay sharp so long as you take care of them and not use them on bones and stuff.

Is it considered a knife if you get caught with it though? Also cant tell if the blade is flat or not? I know its illegal here to have a knife in possession where the blade is longer than the width of your palm. Nice tool though! not a bad price either, wouldnt have to worry about scratching coins if you did use it in hole after cutting a plug.

Is it considered a knife if you get caught with it though? Also cant tell if the blade is flat or not? I know its illegal here to have a knife in possession where the blade is longer than the width of your palm. Nice tool though! not a bad price either, wouldnt have to worry about scratching coins if you did use it in hole after cutting a plug.

You are correct, I took this one too but the guy said leave the welded metal ring on the ends of both blades and you are legal as far as metal detectors at the airports are concerned. I don't have a problem with leaving their steel on the handle. However the park police have their own rules so we will see if they get confiscated... but for that price

battlering.jpg

You are correct, I took this one too but the guy said leave the welded metal ring on the ends of both blades and you are legal as far as metal detectors at the airports are concerned. I don't have a problem with leaving their steel on the handle. However the park police have their own rules so we will see if they get confiscated... but for that price

7of9b-6.jpg

battlering.jpg

These are cool but I'm not sure I'd be heading through airport security with one of these.

not going through carry on with anything like this :lol: but plastic has come a long way

Not sure why the fat guy is stabbing everything but for metal detecting I will have use for these products, heck I might collect them all. The bend test is impressive as well as the handle strike. What they fail to show you here is the welded steel ring on every model that makes it visible to metal detectors. There demo is a little disturbing without the ring but when you call they explain everything and you go on Al Qaeda watch list anyway :lol: I will most likely leave the steel ring on these as long as they don't get in my way or set off the ProPointer. It will be nice to have both in the same hole at the same time.

rephrase that

7of9-10.jpg

Upgrade

35 year's of metal detecting i have learned something,loose the hand digger's,upgrade,they are all in stock at New England Detector's,Earl

Attachments

• 20110613_1.JPG
    20110613_1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 220
Earl, if I lived in rural America I'd be the happiest mental defectionist ever with shovels like those. But I'm just trying to keep a low profile in the city park, totlots and parkways while not damaging coins and jewelry in the process.

Seven of Nine

Seven of nine:shock: reason's to use a shovel style scoop over a hand digger,#1 You can cut out a better plug,#2you can dig the plug, and dirt out to the goods in one cut up to 6 inches,#3after your hunt your hand ,wrist,doesn't hurt from the stress on the joint's,#4 NO blister's with the shovel,#5Use it as a cane to get back up,#6use it as a personal protection device,#7dig more loot less time,less work,less trace of you ever being thier,also,the 31 inch T sampson Lesche can ride up the inside of your none swing arm,hardly noticable,35 years and know better:yes:Earl

yup, pull one of those out in a school yard, park, or other public place and see if you don't get invited not to come back.:lol:

Use the right tool at the right place for the right job.:yes:

HH

yup, pull one of those out in a school yard, park, or other public place and see if you don't get invited not to come back.:lol:

Use the right tool at the right place for the right job.:yes:

HH

You bet. Even city parks have groundskeepers. If you get spotted with one of those around here, you'll get 35 "days" and a free photograph... :heybud:

both of the replies above can be taken either way, just so I know what was meant are you guys telling me you would take that pick axe collection to the park :lol: or going to jail for the plastic knives?

I can see Earl gets good use of the second one from the top, I believe he does use it

7of9-4.jpg

Seven

We were referring to being seen trolling around in a Chicago city park with a gargantuan shovel. That will get you a ride in the back seat of CPD. If you want to use a plastic knife, go ahead but you’ll be buying a Lesche sooner or later. Like Dirty Money said, "use the right tool at the right place for the right job.

Back
Top Bottom