Remembering every ring that I have found

Owl Engineering

Forum Supporter
I started water hunting over 30 years ago and found the thrill of my finds really stuck in my memory. I could remember where and when each jewel was found.

I hate to say it but I have lost track and now can't remember every find :no:

The attached image is from around 2003. I can remember but a few.

Detroit River: 1, 3, 6, 12, 10, 20, 15

Berlin and Southern Germany: 14, 16 , 22, 8, 19, 11, 21

Southern France: 7, 23, 4, 2

Canada: 17

The ring with the arrow was a dream find. I was April of 1984, I was packed for my first trip to Germany. It was spring time and a once in 100 year event happened. The ice breaking up from Lake Huron jammed in the St. Clair River which caused the water to drop about 2-3 feet in the Detroit River. I was leaving the next day for Germany......... But, I unpacked my equipment and headed out to the River and found the ring which was estimated to be from around 1880.

Link to the jam: https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/pubs/fulltext/1986/19860008.pdf

I am sure all of you on the forum have fond memories as well.

Chuck

Attachments

• gold 800.jpg
    gold 800.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 515
Nice treasures!! Wow!! Some really nice rings! One thing I do admire is one who uses what he sells and takes what's learned and makes a better product. Hats off to you Chuck!

I can remember where I found most of my rings but the memory of seeing them setting in the sifter and what they sounded like I lose when I find the next one. One reason I do video sometimes.

Nice post and finds Chuck. I have only been water detecting for 7-8 years but I too can remember where I found alot of my rings. I also agree with OBN on the great sound of a potential good find and the awesome feeling of seeing it in your scoop. Merry Christmas and good luck with your future finds.

:dingding: It sure is a BEAUTIFUL sight to see the rings put up like that! I want to be able to not remember most of my ring finds one day as well! ;)

Beautiful bunch of gold Chuck. I can remember a lot but certainly not all the gold rings I have found. Memories are great and only you will remember the very special finds that made their way into your scoop.

I wish you a very prosperous New Year. BUT stay OUT OF MY RIVER!!!

Beautiful bunch of gold Chuck. I can remember a lot but certainly not all the gold rings I have found. Memories are great and only you will remember the very special finds that made their way into your scoop.

I wish you a very prosperous New Year. BUT stay OUT OF MY RIVER!!!

Haha! And to think I was about to ask about teaming up to go hunting with one or both of you in Det when spring rolls around. Maybe not if you have that sort of attitude :lol:

Seriously though, would love to get time in with more seasoned guys to learn a thing or two.

Haha! And to think I was about to ask about teaming up to go hunting with one or both of you in Det when spring rolls around. Maybe not if you have that sort of attitude :lol:

Seriously though, would love to get time in with more seasoned guys to learn a thing or two.

I keep my boat on lake St. Clair. I have 6 underwater detectors and 2 of Chuck's great scoops. Find me if you would like. Hard to team up with me since I only dive in the river. I will not get into wading water there and it is illegal for everyone else to dive there.

PM me in the spring if you are serious about going out.

Robert

When I go to sleep at night, instead of counting sheep, I replay in my mind the gold rings/chains I have found...takes me about 10 seconds! :laughing:

No really, I'm at 40 gold items including 3 nice chains, and two lone pendants, one nice bracelet...replaying the location and weather conditions, dead of night, heat of day, ice, dry sand, water, totlots, sports fields...It takes a while, is relaxing...and fosters Good Dreams! I could walk a person right to the exact location within a coffee cup size area years from now...for a lot of them...the ones found on the dirt or in totters that is....

I want to relive the feeling of the find...Unforgettable experience ...Waterbabies rack up the gold and after years of hunting and finding it would be hard to remember them all...finding dirt gold is really something rare and special I hope all our Members get to experience...

Attachments

• artcarved.jpg
    artcarved.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 321
  • oct 6-16-3.jpg
    oct 6-16-3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 324
  • nov 27-16-1.jpg
    nov 27-16-1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 326
Beautiful pile of keepers Chuck,,,,,,very pretty stuff,,,,,,it is odd we can remember so many of them as to where they were found,,,,,,I often will be hunting thinking of nice ones I found and hunting where they were,,,,,,I haven't been at it 30 years by any means but one thing I have learned is water hunting is similar to fishing in that where the fish are one day, there is a good bet another day there may be another one,,,,,best of luck to you in 2018! GL HH

awesome finds buddy. I thank you for all of them . I can picture my avatar at....lake. your scoop kicked a$$ and I was awestruck. every gold I got, I could tell you every lake and location. the stealth and at pro as my witness. every silver, they were both there. my beer fridge is my trophy case. they are mostly on top. except for the ones that FIT my wife. those went on to her fingers and wrists. its like your first, second third woman. you remember them.

Ive got to get me one of those machines that finds Onyx......... after seeing those finds i know its out there.:lol: Dang nothing like a pile of gold.

Dew

Like you, I remember where and under what conditions most of my finds came from.

Let me tell you, there's not much on this earth sweeter than looking into the basket of a stealth scoop and seeing gold looking back at you. Platinum is one such thing that is better :)

Gold always looks better

Like you, I remember where and under what conditions most of my finds came from.

Let me tell you, there's not much on this earth sweeter than looking into the basket of a stealth scoop and seeing gold looking back at you. Platinum is one such thing that is better :)

Platinum, 100% of the time fools me. I remember finding a huge Platinum ring with 2 diamonds. My first thought was "SILVER" Oh boy was i wrong!

Chuck

PS this reminds me of one find. There was a group throwing a Frisbee so i kind of worked around them. all of a sudden all 8 of the group were looking down :laughing:

i went over and yes they lost a silver ring. 3 minutes later I pulled up a Tiffany Platinum band.

Back
Top Bottom