Four low tide wet sand hunts - Plat, Gold & Silver!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Hit one of my favorite beaches again for 4 low-tide wet sand hunts. Despite the weak conditions lately, this beach seems to be getting just enough erosion to uncover the goods. Most targets were deeeeep and in the mid to upper slope area. The window of opportunity started opening up Thursday & Friday and I was hitting some decent clad with a few silver items. Saturday I was able to squeeze out a 3 gram 14k white gold Robins Brothers band along with more clad and silver. Sunday the window was closing on my honey hole and I was only pulling minimal clad and a few silver items, then towards the end of my hunt a nice hefty 14.2 gram Platty band decided to make an appearance! Clad total for all 4 hunts came out to $34.27, Total silver weight came out to 49 grams. a side note on the 5 Spanish silver pendants, they were all barely attached to a deteriorated stainless steel rope necklace that crumbled apart as I handled the pendants. Well that's it for this round, hopefully I can squeeze out another round of hunts before the year ends.

Thanks for looking, GL & HH out there!
:cheers:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 693
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 685
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 716
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 672
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 652
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 635
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 621
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 649
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 650
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 654
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 631
....Despite the weak conditions lately, this beach seems to be getting just enough erosion to uncover the goods....

This is an understatement. Dude: If you can get that stuff NOW, with the placid calm seas/swells we've been having, ... then I shudder to think how well you'll do when real erosion starts happening.

I wouldn't touch any of our central coast CA beaches now with a 10 ft. pole. They are just sseeooo sanded in and soft. So your post makes me sick. Sick sick sick (great pix by the way ! :cool: )

:dingding: Honk! HONK!! Great going on the goods there!

:shock: holy cow man wtg i been staying away from the beach because of the conditions being sanded in but looks like you found a spot alright wow congrats man :shock:

This is an understatement. Dude: If you can get that stuff NOW, with the placid calm seas/swells we've been having, ... then I shudder to think how well you'll do when real erosion starts happening.

I wouldn't touch any of our central coast CA beaches now with a 10 ft. pole. They are just sseeooo sanded in and soft. So your post makes me sick. Sick sick sick (great pix by the way ! :cool: )

You think you're sick? How do you think I feel? Slim is finding all this treasure under my nose while I complain about the poor conditions! :( Seriously Slim, You always amaze. :yes:

Holy Cow dude! I can't talk myself into even going to the beach right now. Super sanded in and COLD!!!! Well Done....

Last edited:
Way to go Dave. Good you are finding pockets with the poor conditions. I look forward to my next trip our that way. I will plan my business trips around the best tides.
No beach hunting for me lately. But another amazing trip in Europe. A couple bucket list items. Detecting in the snow covered fields yesterday was a big change from the sunny socal beaches.
good luck on the hunts. Keep pulling the gold, plat and silver

Very nice. A honker plat is always welcome. So is gold and silver. Looks like you did find a honey hole even if it was for a short time.

Thanks Scuba! Yea it seems these honey holes only last about 3-4 days before they get sanded back in again, I'm hoping for another round before the year ends :yes:

Thanks Tom! The beach I've been hitting has definitely been kind to me that's for sure!

Killed it man!!

Huge congrats, that little silver compass is cool!!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice! I like the little silver compass too, you can actually move the little dials around :yes:

Wowsa, heck of a hunt man!

Thanks Z! :cheers:

:dingding: Honk! HONK!! Great going on the goods there!

Thanks Felix! I think I almost got the beach cleared out of all your pennies.....:D

:shock: holy cow man wtg i been staying away from the beach because of the conditions being sanded in but looks like you found a spot alright wow congrats man :shock:

Thanks Romy! Your right bro for the most part everything is sanded in, I'm just lucky that one of my usual spots is just slightly less sanded in and some targets are in range just enough to tickle my threshold :yes: Most of these targets I would probably miss in discrimination mode due to how deep they are and the black sand/mineralization of this particular beach would hinder depth on the Sov GT in Disc, so I run it in AM/PP and dig everything, as long as I get a few good targets in between the trash targets, I don't mind the extra work :yes:

You think you're sick? How do you think I feel? Slim is finding all this treasure under my nose while I complain about the poor conditions! :( Seriously Slim, You always amaze. :yes:

Thanks George! :cheers:

Holy Cow dude! I can't talk myself into even going to the beach right now. Super sanded in and COLD!!!! Well Done....

Thanks low tide! I hear ya man Its definitely getting chilly out now :cold:

Way to go Dave. Good you are finding pockets with the poor conditions. I look forward to my next trip our that way. I will plan my business trips around the best tides.
No beach hunting for me lately. But another amazing trip in Europe. A couple bucket list items. Detecting in the snow covered fields yesterday was a big change from the sunny socal beaches.
good luck on the hunts. Keep pulling the gold, plat and silver

Thanks Bud! I saw your pics from Europe, big congrats man! awesome finds as usual! :bowdown:

Definitely let me know when your in the area again so we can do some low tide beach plundering! :pirate:

Wow, couple of nice finds!!! Congrats!

Thanks Vermonster! :cheers:

Very nice hunting Slim... any of that from the dry stuff?

Thanks Craig! These were all wet sand hunts, I rarely hunt the dry sand during Fall/Winter. I hate dry sand hunting for the most part, but I gotta say the towel line and life-guard towers have been pretty generous over the years :yes:

Finds', very nice indeed, happy hunting, thanks for sharing , Earl

Thanks Earl! Hope your able to hit the beaches soon, lookin forward to some gold posts! :yes::cheers:

Thanks Craig! These were all wet sand hunts, I rarely hunt the dry sand during Fall/Winter. I hate dry sand hunting for the most part, but I gotta say the towel line and life-guard towers have been pretty generous over the years :yes:

I have to agree on the lifeguard towers when I hunted them in the past... it seems I found lots of women's jewelry hunting around them ;) especially gold earrings for whatever reasons..

Very Nice

Finding that kind of treasure says alot about how good you are, or how lucky you are :laughing: Four days. I'm wondering how long you typically hunt on an average day? I like the way you separate the zinc pennies, same as me.
Only time I have any luck at the beach is after a storm, and as us CA hunters know, it never storms in S Cal. Keep up the good work.
HH everyone

Hit one of my favorite beaches again for 4 low-tide wet sand hunts. Despite the weak conditions lately, this beach seems to be getting just enough erosion to uncover the goods. Most targets were deeeeep and in the mid to upper slope area. The window of opportunity started opening up Thursday & Friday and I was hitting some decent clad with a few silver items. Saturday I was able to squeeze out a 3 gram 14k white gold Robins Brothers band along with more clad and silver. Sunday the window was closing on my honey hole and I was only pulling minimal clad and a few silver items, then towards the end of my hunt a nice hefty 14.2 gram Platty band decided to make an appearance! Clad total for all 4 hunts came out to $34.27, Total silver weight came out to 49 grams. a side note on the 5 Spanish silver pendants, they were all barely attached to a deteriorated stainless steel rope necklace that crumbled apart as I handled the pendants. Well that's it for this round, hopefully I can squeeze out another round of hunts before the year ends.

Thanks for looking, GL & HH out there!
:cheers:

Platinum usually sells at about the same price as 18K. 14.2 grams Is VERY hefty! NiCE FIND!!

Back
Top Bottom