Hello from Central Florida (Lake County)

Jeep'n Jack

hello everyone, I've been MD'n for a couple weeks now and am enjoying this hobby. I had mentioned to my dad that I was going to buy a detector and he suggested I try before I buy i.e. try the one I have for a while until you think you'll stick with it, then decide. So he pulls out a BH Landstar and that's the unit I've been using. So far several quarters, dimes and pennies (copper) and lots of pull tabs. I'm still learning the machine and enjoying the hunt.
Glad to be a part of the forum.

Welcome to the forum and the addiction that is detecting!
I'm just over in Marion county. As long as the detector goes beep you will find something. I used a cheapie from harbor freight for a year and had a blast with it before I upgraded.

Noah

Aren't Dads great?! You mention something and he rummages around in the basement or closet and comes up with what you need!
When you get your own rig you have a hunting buddy -- he probably knows some good spots too
GL&HH

Aren't Dads great?! You mention something and he rummages around in the basement or closet and comes up with what you need!
When you get your own rig you have a hunting buddy -- he probably knows some good spots too
GL&HH

Yes dads are great and I seek advice and wisdom from him often. I believe he had picked it up at a pawn shop a while back with some probable intent on using it occasionally however physically he wouldn't hold up real well. I'm going to encourage him to at least come with me and just maybe he'll give it a try. He actually did some MDing in the seventies but I don't remember who manufacturing them back then.

Back
Top Bottom