I'm on the Nice List this year

Numil

Elite Member
As always, the week or two before Christmas is always full of doing for others and not so much for yourself. The tree is up, the shopping is done and we have all the necessary food and drink for the family get-together on Christmas tomorrow afternoon.

Its Christmas Eve and cool for weather here for Hawaii. Temps in the mid 60's good sleeping weather as we call it and everyone was doing just that, sleeping in this morning. About an hour before dawn I awake, grab my trusty CZ -21 and head out the door. Tide timing is poor as its almost high tide but figure I can get in some water hunting on the south shore since the surf there is running 0-1 ft or as we say "none to one". Surf is too big on the north shore which is running about 10 ft.

I only got a couple hours so I hit the beach and start swinging. After the two hours I got a junk ring and one junk CZ earring with about $2.50 in clad so I start heading back to my truck swing away. Every little bit of effort counts you know! Just a couple of steps from the beach/sidewalk transition I get a nice sounding hit! Thinking but I've gotten several of those this morning with only pull-tabs and foil to show for it so I dig it anyway. Its only 2 inches deep in the soft beach sand so I shake it out and there bouncing in the scoop is a ring. Clearly heavy and gold, you can just tell. A lot of people about so I quickly slip in in the pouch and keep walking as I dont want a lot of "What did ya find, can I see"?

Here's what Santa left for me on the beach, a plain wedding band, no markings other than carat and its 18K to boot! Haven't found 18K in a year.

Merry Christmas all and may your hunts be enjoyable and safe.

Attachments

• Total C Eve.jpg
    Total C Eve.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 572
  • Weight.jpg
    Weight.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 572
  • 18K.jpg
    18K.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 569
:dingding: Those unexpected golds from places they shouldn't be are just the best!

Congratulations on your fantastic find! 6.2g is pretty heavy for a band...impressive.

Thanks Urban! IT was a lot heavier than I though it would be but any gold is good! HH & GL

Merry Christmas from us land lubbers... nice find way my to finish strong on the year!

Thanks Proboscis! I'm hoping its not the end before the year's out. I'm a teacher so have the next couple weeks off! A chance to improve on the year's take. GL and HH

Merry Christmas and looks like the beach gave you a nice present. Congrats

Thanks Scuba, when I fists saw it i thought "I've been a very good boy this year!" Always nice to see one in the scoop but on Christmas Eve... Priceless GL and HH and be safe out there.

Poki...check.
Beer...check.
Gold...BONUS$!
;)

Poki - everything from Spicy Ahi to Smoked salmon
Beer - several different varieties
The gold was a nice addition to the party

Take care and be safe out there GL and HH

Sweet one- congrats!!

Thanks Compass - GL and HH! and Merry Christmas to you and your's

:dingding: Those unexpected golds from places they shouldn't be are just the best!

Not the first time I've been surprised like that but those finds are few and far between and always welcome. Safe safe in Sunny Fl and may your hunts be fruitful and relaxing.

6.2g of 18k gold, that's quite good, congrats! :)

Always nice when the find exceeds the average weight of a man's wedding band (Average is 5.0g). Any gold is good but hvy gold is better. Be safe, GL & HH

Congrats on the 18K...excellent find!
Thanks Capt! Which reminds me, I need a glass of egg nog spiced with some Capt Morgan. GL and HH (Perhaps a relative of yours)

As always, the week or two before Christmas is always full of doing for others and not so much for yourself. The tree is up, the shopping is done and we have all the necessary food and drink for the family get-together on Christmas tomorrow afternoon.

Its Christmas Eve and cool for weather here for Hawaii. Temps in the mid 60's good sleeping weather as we call it and everyone was doing just that, sleeping in this morning. About an hour before dawn I awake, grab my trusty CZ -21 and head out the door. Tide timing is poor as its almost high tide but figure I can get in some water hunting on the south shore since the surf there is running 0-1 ft or as we say "none to one". Surf is too big on the north shore which is running about 10 ft.

I only got a couple hours so I hit the beach and start swinging. After the two hours I got a junk ring and one junk CZ earring with about $2.50 in clad so I start heading back to my truck swing away. Every little bit of effort counts you know! Just a couple of steps from the beach/sidewalk transition I get a nice sounding hit! Thinking but I've gotten several of those this morning with only pull-tabs and foil to show for it so I dig it anyway. Its only 2 inches deep in the soft beach sand so I shake it out and there bouncing in the scoop is a ring. Clearly heavy and gold, you can just tell. A lot of people about so I quickly slip in in the pouch and keep walking as I dont want a lot of "What did ya find, can I see"?

Here's what Santa left for me on the beach, a plain wedding band, no markings other than carat and its 18K to boot! Haven't found 18K in a year.

Merry Christmas all and may your hunts be enjoyable and safe.

I wish I had a beach to go to on Christmas. One with 18K, too. :)

Congrats on a very Merry Find!

That is one sweet xmas eve find! And WTG staying on the alert, I have a bad habit of just turning my machine off as I get out of the water, Nice Save!!

Back
Top Bottom