My first trip out

Carguyco

Some of you may have seen my intro post...about how I've always wanted to do this and maybe my girlfriends son and I can do this together and bond a little...My ACE 250 and carrot showed up a couple of weeks ago and I finally had a chance to get us out there.

He and I took a little walk yesterday to a common area near our house...the kids call it THE PIT...creek bed/drainage area where all the neighbor kids go and play...rope swing on a tree...area where they dig and drink beer etc.

Found a ton of cans...a small coin spill with 4 dimes 1 penny and a nickel all in the same area next to a tree...random items.

Nothing amazing...but the look on both of our faces as we dug and found all this stuff was priceless.

We had a blast....and it was good bonding time, thanks for this forum

Attachments

• First trip out - Jack - The PIT.jpg
    First trip out - Jack - The PIT.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 137
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 135
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 139
Looks like you had a blast!
Keep up the good work.
Get the boy a "special" bank for all the clad you guys find and tell him in one years time
he can have it all.
Maybe by then he'll have enough interest in the hobby to want to buy his own MD.
nice job

The girlfriend took an old coffee can and made us a treasure chest :)
She is now making us a "bank" also for our cash.
As for the MD...if he keeps it up for a year I will give him the ACE250 so I can get something new :)

Thanks for the comments! And the encouragement

Good job getting the kid out there! I detected a friend's yard the other day and his young boys had a lot of fun too.

With a hunting/digging partner like that one there,
there will be a lot less stiff sore knees for you !:D
That's great getting them out on REAL ADVENTURES ! :cool:

Some of you may have seen my intro post...about how I've always wanted to do this and maybe my girlfriends son and I can do this together and bond a little...My ACE 250 and carrot showed up a couple of weeks ago and I finally had a chance to get us out there.

He and I took a little walk yesterday to a common area near our house...the kids call it THE PIT...creek bed/drainage area where all the neighbor kids go and play...rope swing on a tree...area where they dig and drink beer etc.

Found a ton of cans...a small coin spill with 4 dimes 1 penny and a nickel all in the same area next to a tree...random items.

Nothing amazing...but the look on both of our faces as we dug and found all this stuff was priceless.

We had a blast....and it was good bonding time, thanks for this forum

Good stuff there Cappy, any outdoor activity you can do with the lad is an important factor in his personal development, good bonding time etc,,,
Our hobby is so unique in what it has to offer.
Keep at it!!!

Great job on them finds. Tell that little guy to keep the treasure. Maybe in a short time you will have enough to up date to an new detector and give him your old one. Good job.. KEN

The Real Treasure.

The real treasure you found together was not the coins, but the memories you made. They will grow more precious with time. People don't think about it, but the memories of time spent with loved-ones becomes priceless later in life. Time is all we have, and time with loved-ones is the most precious time.

Congrats on making some great memories, may you make many more. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom