Fleecy White Bottle

Lee1968

Elite Member
I don't usually find a lot of bottles, just a few in the creeks now and then when the ground is too frozen to detect. I had to clean out one of our culverts today after a heavy rain, and my wife was standing on top of the culvert as I was pulling the debris away. She noticed this bottle, and said it looked kind of old. I was surprised at the nice condition it was in. It is Fleecy White 1 quart bleach bottle. On the bottom it has The John Puhl Products CO Chicago Ill. It is a cork top bottle, and it looks like the cork is broken off in the opening. I thought it was pretty cool to find. Just a quick look online indicates it is from the 30's or 40's, but I am definitely not an expert on bottles so I could be wrong.

20200120_150518 - Edited.jpg

20200120_150542 - Edited.jpg

20200120_150555 - Edited.jpg

20200120_150606 - Edited.jpg

Good find, old bleach bottle. They don't make them like that anymore.

Good find, old bleach bottle. They don't make them like that anymore.

Thanks!

+1

At least it's not the VERY common 50's-60's ones with the screwtop. Or those ubiquitous Clorox or Linco's. :lol:

LOL. Yeah I had never even heard of Fleecy White until this one.

Cool find! Gotta love old glass, unfortunately, every frost more and more break :no: glad you were able to save one!

Thanks! I agree, I find a lot of broken or chipped bottles, we were lucky to find this one.

Hard to find glass containers of that size anymore, congrats!

Agreed! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom