In 1931.. 99 Artists Submitted "New" Washington Quarter Design

5 mile

Forum Supporter
Interesting article from a 12/10/31 newspaper article..designer of the Washington quarter was only paid $1500.

Dont pay any attention to Harry in the last sentence. :lol:

Attachments

• IMAG0626_1[1].jpg
    IMAG0626_1[1].jpg
    115 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0629_1[1].jpg
    IMAG0629_1[1].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMAG0628_1[1].jpg
    IMAG0628_1[1].jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 117
Ok , now I'm concerned about Harry , :lol: HH

Right? Bad Familial luck? His older brother Henry was an optomitrist..he fell into his lens grinder and made a spectacle out of himself! :laughing: His younger brother, Howard Johnson, went on to garner great wealth flipping pancakes though..

I actually know a guy who got his arm broke in a similar incident!...The offending party lived out in the barn, heavy and squat, greasy, stank and smoked, Alice Chalmers was her name! Crank Started! He went out there to get her fired up one morning, She kicked back and busted his arm! His first date attempt we always said.!..:laughing::laughing: Ha! Alice Chalmers! :laughing:

Right? Bad Familial luck? His older brother Henry was an optomitrist..he fell into his lens grinder and made a spectacle out of himself! :laughing: His younger brother, Howard Johnson, went on to garner great wealth flipping pancakes though..

I actually know a guy who got his arm broke in a similar incident!...The offending party lived out in the barn, heavy and squat, greasy, stank and smoked, Alice Chalmers was her name! Crank Started! He went out there to get her fired up one morning, She kicked back and busted his arm! His first date attempt we always said.!..:laughing::laughing: Ha! Alice Chalmers! :laughing:

Old Alice wouldn't hold a candle to my Dad's old Cockshutt. There's a story for a smoke filled bar playing 5 card and drinking sme good brown licker. :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom