Just a Spoon Full of Treasure

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
Started 2017 off right with a spoon full of treasure... and no, I didn't use the spoon as my scoop. It was one of my finds along with the best of it. I found the large gold plated ring within the 1st 30 seconds of stepping in to the water and it was my very first signal. I was pumped and my mind started racing about what other goodies lay beneath.

Hunted up and down the target line only to find myself back in the location of the 1st ring. Within minutes of working the same area, I struck a gorgeous little sight of gold in the scoop! Markings are worn and can't tell if it's 10k or 14k, testing to follow this post... Right after I found the bracelet that turned out to have a 925 marking on it. I thought it was junk off a boat or can lid at first, but it just had a feel to it when I was holding it with my trapper gloves. It was blowing 30+ winds, rain, and about 35 degrees out, but it felt beautiful to be swinging as is any day when I don't have to be in the office ;) Cheers!

Attachments

• 20170225_000509.jpg
    20170225_000509.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 357
  • 20170225_000651.jpg
    20170225_000651.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 353
  • 20170225_000543.jpg
    20170225_000543.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 20170224_160000.jpg
    20170224_160000.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 353
Nice find! When I went there yesterday I was sure I would be alone, but as I drove around the corner there you were. I thought it must be Mud. When I parked I could see it was not Mud's car. Interestingly, there was another detector out besides me the day before yesterday also. More winter detecting going on than you might think. By the way, I found and ordered the gloves we talked about, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:dingding: Congrats and good move going back to the 1st area!

Nice find! When I went there yesterday I was sure I would be alone, but as I drove around the corner there you were. I thought it must be Mud. When I parked I could see it was not Mud's car. Interestingly, there was another detector out besides me the day before yesterday also. More winter detecting going on than you might think. By the way, I found and ordered the gloves we talked about, thanks!

Luckily for Y'all I have been up to my crack in crocodiles trying to offload a house/household, keep a business profitable, and going mobile...I might actually be renting a small house/condo out there in the PM neighborhood...I am watching the webcams and am seeing some good conditions developing all along the Lakeshore today....so yeah...I'll be out there...Hope to see you other West Michigan waterbabies someday!

They will save a finger or two, that's for sure! Good chatting!

lake Michigan has been good to you hunters this winter. I have not hit it yet.

Back
Top Bottom