> I ran 3 tone for a while with tone break at 95,,no
> finds were made,,,,then I opted for 2 tone,,ran a
> bit at gain at 70 and at 80.
> Tone break at 20 and at 17.
>
> ID mask 3 Imask 3 iron volume 3
>
> No headphones,, too hot to wear,,,but Relic
> speaker due to location easy for me to hear.
>
> First target located,,the smaller in the middle of
> pic top right,,,ID on Nokta 33-35,, 4 way signal.
> Deus used to detect,,Notta,,did pinpoint with
> Relic detector and could hear a lot of iron in and
> around close to target before digging.
> A strange target though,,Inalways check suspicious
> targets with a magnet when I get home,,,a magnet
> sticks to one side of this find,,but not on the
> other...Looks like part of a pocket knife to me,,I
> could be wrong.
>
> Next target detected with relic detector,,the item
> in pic smaller in the middle top left,,a small
> flat button.
> Deus used to detect,,Notta,,,again much iron heard
> when pinpoint around target with relic detector.
>
> Third target found,,smaller on the bottom
> left,,,this target came in tonally like a duck on
> a June bug,,appears to be lead,,,a solid TID too.
> Deus used to detect,,,Deus could detect this
> target,,,but approach angle overly critical,,and
> it sure didn't provide the duck on a June bug tone
> either.
>
> Forth target detected and actuall compared to
> Deus,,,the far left bigger target.
> Relic detector hit this item,,no iron buzz could
> be heard when sweeping from all and any angles,,a
> small pinpoint too,,,turns out the item was
> sticking straight up in the ground point up.
> Deus ID this object as iron.
>
> Fifth target detected the coin IH,,,gave a pretty
> good tone on the relic detector,,not as good as
> the tone yielded on the lead item though.
> Deus used to detect,,Notta
> Would have never found this in its current
> position.
>
> The last find detected the larger on the far
> right,, I suspected iron,,it was getting dark on
> me,,and dug for the thrill of it.
> Deus not used to check this target.
>
> This particualr patch of a larger site,,,I have
> only found one nonferrous target with any detector
> prior even including the Deus,,,version 2.0 and
> 3.2 9" and 11" coils.
> Targets found today depth wise,,between 5 and
> 6.5".
>
> The targets the Deus was unable to detect,,,much
> iron heard around them with both Deus and the
> Nokta relic detector.

If I am interpreting your detecting outing correctly it seems the Relic can and will find targets on par with the Deus. If you factor in the cost of the detectors I believe there is a real conclusion that becomes apparent. Wait until the Impact comes out. I truly believe it will be the Deus killer. There will still be loyal Deus owners that will never concede, but their wallets will know the truth.

If I am interpreting your detecting outing correctly it seems the Relic can and will find targets on par with the Deus. If you factor in the cost of the detectors I believe there is a real conclusion that becomes apparent. Wait until the Impact comes out. I truly believe it will be the Deus killer. There will still be loyal Deus owners that will never concede, but their wallets will know the truth.

Just remember I was using smaller coil,,,and was operating I feel in the worst part of the site (iron wise),, based on feedback obtained primarily from Deus with 9" coil.

Depth of targets so far discovered with Relic detector seem to be ranging from around 5"-6.5".

I may never ever put the the stock coil on the Relic detector,,,one of the reasons I bought it was to be a search and destroy outfit in the worst of spots iron wise.

Also remember,,higher conductors,,,air test reveal,,Relic detector once the conductivity surpasses zinc penny range--- depth begins to suffer,,,this is not to say a person couldn't find a silver coin,,,but likely not a real deep one (based on coil size in play).

Also running tone break below 20 using 2 tone--- I did in fact do,,but I need to hunt some more doing so,,and garner more details,,running this low,,some iron does start producing some rather good sounding tone.

Detector though,,even though my hours using still limited,,,seems is a good tool to have in the toolbox.

Also should point out,,Deus version 4.0 could change things a bit,,and even using the supposed newer smaller coil,,that seems is going to run on even higher freqs could close the gap or possibly even surpass.

Sharpshooter

Better is Nokta or Deus ?

Thanks

As far as the detectors talked about in this specific thread goes,,which is best??
It would depend on what you are hunting for,,,and the kinds of sites you have.

If all you hunted was super nail ridden sites,,Nokta relic for the price paid,,,would get the nod.

But I can think of places I detect,,where Deus would get the nod.
So no black and white answer here from me on your question.

Btw,,since this thread was started by me,,,some things have changed,,,like Deus 4.0 and some additional coils,,,along with some higher operating frequencies is close to release date,,Nokta is about to release Impact detector.

After Xp and Nokta release their latest merchandise,,,then we will be able to see more folks,,,giving feedback,,doing comparing,,,,and then the detecting public will have a more well rounded appraisal of how everything fits in the bigger world of detecting,,,as far as equipment goes.

That's not even a fair comparison 11" to 11" or the 5x10 against the 9" round would've been fair. Why don't u put the 11" on the relic against the xp 9" might as well ha ha ha

That's not even a fair comparison 11" to 11" or the 5x10 against the 9" round would've been fair. Why don't u put the 11" on the relic against the xp 9" might as well ha ha ha

This was not exactly supposed to be a comparison,,,I used the smaller coil on Nokta relic,,,because I had already spent many hours in the site with Deus using 9" and 11" coils.

I wished they made a smaller coil for Deus,,,and I would have it,,and it would have been mounted here,,,and talked about in this thread.

This thread not meant in any way to disparage Deus,,,heck I only have 2 complete Deus units I bought and paid for.
But reality is reality.

Some folks may actually think they have found all the goods in some of their sites too using Deus,,,have they??

5x10 and 9 inch coils are a fair comparisons ,that's pretty close and splitting hairs to say the outcome would be different if they were exactly the same size.
I think the fact is no machine can get it all,one machine can see it or hit it better .Dont make one machine better than the other,,just better at that moment.

5x10 and 9 inch coils are a fair comparisons ,that's pretty close and splitting hairs to say the outcome would be different if they were exactly the same size.
I think the fact is no machine can get it all,one machine can see it or hit it better .Dont make one machine better than the other,,just better at that moment.

Well,,All I do is post what I witness.
Folks can beleive or think what they want.
When I see a trend develop,,,usually this tells me something.
It's not about which detector is better or anything really.
Moreso,,finding the right tool(detector and coil) that does the job at hand better it seems.
Some finds in the ground,,,obviously a lot of detectors will detect,,,even a gold coin.
Some finds can only be detected by only a few detectors.
Some finds can be detected by a detector,,,and this detector will give more positive clues.

If I could hop scotch from virgin site to virgin site,,,I can think of quite a few detectors I could live with,,and indeed make a lot of good finds.

If I were restricted site wise as to the number of sites I can get access too,,this overall number of detectors I consider worthy of having to maximize my nonferrous finds on these limited sites,,,does get down to around 5 or so detectors for me.

Metal detecting then for folks,,has a tone of variables,,,they can purchase what they want and try to enjoy.

Forums like this,,,if a person will read,,and weigh all the data presented,,,more than likely they will get a detector that pleases them moreso.

Well,,All I do is post what I witness.
Folks can beleive or think what they want.
When I see a trend develop,,,usually this tells me something.
It's not about which detector is better or anything really.
Moreso,,finding the right tool(detector and coil) that does the job at hand better it seems.
Some finds in the ground,,,obviously a lot of detectors will detect,,,even a gold coin.
Some finds can only be detected by only a few detectors.
Some finds can be detected by a detector,,,and this detector will give more positive clues.

If I could hop scotch from virgin site to virgin site,,,I can think of quite a few detectors I could live with,,and indeed make a lot of good finds.

If I were restricted site wise as to the number of sites I can get access too,,this overall number of detectors I consider worthy of having to maximize my nonferrous finds on these limited sites,,,does get down to around 5 or so detectors for me.

Metal detecting then for folks,,has a tone of variables,,,they can purchase what they want and try to enjoy.

Forums like this,,,if a person will read,,and weigh all the data presented,,,more than likely they will get a detector that pleases them moreso.

I believe what you wrote as your evaluation,and I believe it's true.Pricewise the deus is a lot more than what I'm reading the impact will be.And we gotta remember we're talking about digging in the ground for lost items,And that's often overlooked when price plays a part.Especially when silver seems to be the holy grail of finds and aluminum cans are worth more.lol
The deus is very expensive but not so much more than a new racer when you include wireless headphones into the racer 2 .And probably the impact when outfitted with wireless headphones closes that price gap too.
The deus just seems to hold its value,like the At pro.Most other brands that are also good don't hold value.

I will comment on the nokta brand I had a fors core and a makro 2. Will the small coils out do the deus with these detectors I will let T.N. Sharpsooter test that theory but I will comment on the audio of the Deus and the nokta and makro detetors Ive seen. If you learn the audio of the deus its very nuanced (full tones)and gives ALOT of info about the target located. This is where IMO the deus outshines the noktas and makros big time . The deus is the most nuanced audio Ive come across in detectors even surpassing the ctx in info given by the tones (full tones) . So imo if the impact is going to be a deus killer the audio has to have been stepped up. It takes awhile to master the audio of the deus in full tones but when its done it becomes a lethal weapon. Is the audio on the impact the same as the core and makro racer 2? I probably will buy and impact to test and try relic hunting gonna see what everyone is saying about it. example of what I'm talking about with deus is this it will give a tonal variant on say clad dime,silever dime,quarter ,silver quarter,zinc penny ,copper penny etc it doesn't just throw all them in a high tone bin , it actually in full tones give a different high tone for each and this becomes very useful in the id of items detected. It does take awhile to learn but worth it. Thanks for the info on the relic .

Calabash,

Audio on Impact detector not the same as Racer 1 or Racer 2.

But first let's talk Deus for a bit.

IMO,,Deus in the USA really started to show itself when the version was released that gave folks full tones use on Deus.Why??

Giving the use of full tones,,,allows users to run low disc,,yet discern nonferrous from ferrous targets.

Before this version update,,,Deus users hunting around iron and nails were left basically having to run about a disc setting of 5.9-6.4 to knock out nails audio wise.

Comparing Deus running even in full tones,,,testing over 3D scenarios,,,big difference on these test comparing disc level say 0-2.5 to disc level 6.
Lower disc opens up this 3D capability a bit.
And yes for what ever reason,,,I can hear some targets better using disc level 2 vs 0 sometimes,,,as the barrage of audio when at 0 in nail pits is tremendous.

Fast forward to Impact detector.
One of the most noticeable differences between Impact and Racer1, Racer 2, and even Nokta FORS Relic detector is Impact detector even at 0 disc with iron volume off,,,a lot of iron and nails will not give any tone.
Even running Impact at factory default disc setting of 3,, which is higher than 0 setting,,,Impact here pretty quiet in nail ridden sites.

Running Impact at disc levels 0-3,,, detector possesses extraordinary separation abilities,,especially in 20khz. Smaller coil this separation even better.

You may not know this,,but when Fisher did DST upgrade to F75 units,,they incorporated a mode tone wise selectable I think it was call 1n,,,which allowed folks to run 0 disc and not hear the ferrous under the coil.

The impact detector here,,this reminds me of this,,,but make no mistake,,Impact detector separates better than any F75 detector series,,any coil.

Now,,Impact being a Deus killer,,,I don't really even like this expression.

But I am still testing Impact,,,it will see some targets wearing smaller coil the Deus can't,,I am sure of this.

As far as comparing the stock Impact coil to Deus wearing either 9 or 11" coils,,,I still can't give any worthy info here.

But remember Impact does/can be run at 20khz,,,so this does since it is higher/faster than Deus at 17.xx kHz,,,,very possible for Impact due to this be getting more info target wise on nonferrous targets that are heavily masked by ferrous materials.

Now saying all this,,,here is the question that maybe needs to be answered and maybe it can in due time.

Between Nokta Impact and Xp Deus,,,which detector separates/unmask better on average,,,,while providing the least amount of audio acquired from ferrous materials???

Last edited:
I l.ike the disc of 2.5 you recommended awhile back for the deus ,Iset my hunting partners up like for him last week in the heavy iron and he smoked me that day luck ? don't know but I like how it quietens it down and you can here the non ferrous targets amongest the machine gun fire iron. what is the list price for the impact?

I l.ike the disc of 2.5 you recommended awhile back for the deus ,Iset my hunting partners up like for him last week in the heavy iron and he smoked me that day luck ? don't know but I like how it quietens it down and you can here the non ferrous targets amongest the machine gun fire iron. what is the list price for the impact?

Well,
I am glad it helped you out.
I try and be honest with folks.
I want everyone to find all they can.

I think Notka marketing person has posted MSRP data on some of the equipment,,and packages.
Not here,,I think on some of the other forums.

I didn't want to do this,,,better left to them to do.
Or maybe a dealer(sponsor) here.

On another forum, $849 pre order.
When converted its around £690 in the UK, a Deus lite starts at £650.
Deus is by far the biggest seller in the UK, tried and tested.
For many UK folks to even consider the Impact over the Deus it would need to offer/do/perform something better than the Deus can on the busy sites on low conductors.
Even if it could do 10% better, many older detectorists just won't go back to a heavier detector, the Deus is a pensioner's dream machine lol
What is the Impacts strongest feature, is it the best silver coin hunter for parks, best on ancient pastures, best relic machine in iron etc
Can it better the best performing detector in your chosen field of detecting?
It's advertised as the most powerful all round detector ever made, i'm getting the feeling it's a 'jack of all trades, master of none'
Hopefully with it being able to be usb updated they can devise a program to give it a 'best at' Status.

Last edited:
On another forum, $849 pre order.
When converted its around £690 in the UK, a Deus lite starts at £650.
Deus is by far the biggest seller in the UK, tried and tested.
For many UK folks to even consider the Impact over the Deus it would need to offer/do/perform something better than the Deus can on the busy sites on low conductors.
Even if it could do 10% better, many older detectorists just won't go back to a heavier detector, the Deus is a pensioner's dream machine lol
What is the Impacts strongest feature, is it the best silver coin hunter for parks, best on ancient pastures, best relic machine in iron etc
Can it better the best performing detector in your chosen field of detecting?
It's advertised as the most powerful all round detector ever made, i'm getting the feeling it's a 'jack of all trades, master of none'
Hopefully with it being able to be usb updated they can devise a program to give it a 'best at' Status.

Well,
At least when the Impact detector is released,,,gives folks another option to at least consider.

Jack of all trades??
Just how many detectors would even fall into this classification here,,,for what this detector cost???
If not a large number,,then maybe this is NOT a bad thing.

Could having this detector,,,eliminate the need for say having multiple detectors,,to do task at hand??
If so,,this means something.

It I think is always harder to get a person away from their favorite unit,,,be it for one reason or another.

White's users,,many of them experienced this very thing when Minelab rolled into USA. What happened eventually?

It is not a night and day thing for a manufacturer,,,,for their equipment to be taken seriously by some.

But with time,,,and reports of actual users,,,and finds made,,,,some folks can come around to these newer model detectors.

I like Deus,,like Minelabs,,,like Noktas,,and Makros.
There are even some I have never had,,,if I did have,,might like them too.

Tnsharpshooter I think you gave a good honest hands on evaluation of the impact,,and at this point many can only speculate.
I think many machines could be considered ( jack of all trades,master of none) and in my opinion the deus also fits that category.So Id take some criticism and uneducated guesses as just that,guesses.
As you said before,there is no perfect detector,just some better than others at certain jobs.

Maybe it is the best, a tester on another forum found around 70 more coins in 4hrs on a plot 100x40ft behind the Deus, ctx etc!
Might need to get me one.

All I can say,,,the smaller coil,,,it works very well,,,in sites,,with loads of iron,,nails,,and modern trash.

There are different ways to operate,,and possibly arrive at same conclusion.

The way I've been using,,,as long as the target holds an ID of say 59-60 or higher using 5khz,,I dig.

But have been using 14khz to actually locate.
This process here seems to work for me.
Now I have been in areas with lots of modern trash,,,yet I don't think an over abundance of coins even exist. I could be wrong,,,but no other detector I am running in some of these sites,,,is telling me anything different here.

Seems very hard to saturate the smaller coil,,,with ferrous materials,,and keep it from seeing at least some nonferrous.

Nokta relic detector does similar,,but does provide more tonal action on ferrous materials. But using it you can't take advantage of using non normalized vdi read outs when changing frequencies.

Deep iron,,using Impact,,,sometimes it will wrap (bigger iron usually),, but one symptom to observe,,,,you notice these wrap signals,,,when you sweep and change freqs,,vdi reported the same oor very near one another.

Back
Top Bottom