• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold #13 and 14 for 2017

Joshc214

Today was a perfect day to get out and hunt... lake Atlantic, blue skies and 75 degrees. Decided to try a new location today. Took me a while to find a good trough that held anything heavy. After about an hour I came across a deeper section holding a few nickles. The trough was around 200ft by 40ft, the first pass landed a few nickles, quarters and a small junk earring. I knew there had to be some gold after I pulled all the nickles, so I did 2 more passes, 3rd pass I found both the gold pendant marked 583 (14k) and the gold wedding ring with a half carat diamond. Ended up hitting the area a couple more times without luck and decided to call it a day.

I have had yet to find a diamond this size and have it pass on my electronic diamond tester. This one looked fake as hell... pefect clarity, 0 yellow tarnish. However, when I put it up to the diamond tester the thing lit up like a christmas tree :) Must be a high quality diamond, I'll have to get it checked out eventually.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 555
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 512
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 511
  • FB_IMG_1488072535587.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488072535587.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
great finds, your nailing it on the yellow, way to go!!!

Congrats with the gold finds! They both look great! Looking forward to seeing #15 and beyond.

Thanks bruinvikes!

Nice recovery on those two! Congrats

Thanks Numil!

great finds, your nailing it on the yellow, way to go!!!

Thanks jmac! I set a year long goal to find 1lb of gold by 2018, we'll see how close I get lol 400 grams to go...

Nice cha ching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Wow , nice , Congrtas. , HH

Thanks Ricki!

:dingding: For any additional comments please see my post for your "Golds #11 & 12"! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom