dp tone mode

bibelot

Forum Supporter
I remember seeing a thread about it, boredom has set in so I've been messing with the dp tone. I'm not seeing any advantage, I must be setting something wrong ?sens at 85, disc at 40, dp. It will be iffy compared to 3 tone mode ?What am I doing wrong ?

I remember seeing a thread about it, boredom has set in so I've been messing with the dp tone. I'm not seeing any advantage, I must be setting something wrong ?sens at 85, disc at 40, dp. It will be iffy compared to 3 tone mode ?What am I doing wrong ?

Which detector exactly are you asking about??

I just think there is a reason they have added it, there was a post here about it a while back. I was thinking would work with iron or trash but as the numbers jump, so does the number of sounds. Running 2+ will give you a low ferrous iron tone and a higher non ferrous tone, which works better for me., Maybe dp works where there aren't a lot of trash in the ground ?

I played with it on my F75 unit.

IMO,,the audio reporting on the detector itself,,not designed for proper reporting using dp tones.

I have an F70...I have been running DP tones for 7yrs...I never leave them at all for any reason. Inland jewelry, dry beach sweeping, clad, occasional silver coins. Try this...1 disc, -3 thresh, 55 sens, DE mode...No notch..

You never have to look at the screen. You can tell audibly what is under the coil, the proportional audio tells you how deep it is...its a very fast way to hunt, so its primary advantage to me is speed. You can tell a Q from a half, a zinc from a copper P, all that...with really good phones, you can get to tell a N from a tab based upon its target profile and ping solidity...

This allows you to fly through a lot of trash and pick coins out in a hurry..Its comfortable and relaxing actually, hearing it all allows you to find the zones...I've got over 20 dirt gold rings and one big gold chain using this...had a 10k coin year back in 2012 just local park hunting...heavy trash, you dont have to dig it if you dont want to...

If your sens is too hot, the subtleties of the target shape and profile and depth are too wide to rapidly determine, so the lower the sens combined with a neg thresh gives some very accurate audio feedback...

These settings I gave you are good on targets in the top 5"...deeper depending on soil moisture conditions etc...so adjust accordingly if you are after deeper targets...

mud puppy nailed it.

Coil overload will hurt any detector. The T2 has like 49 steps of Iron discrimination so thats why its a good gold machine. My F75 seems to better on low sensitivity.

DP tone is a really fun mode to hunt. I would tell anyone to experiment with all the modes. My old bounty hunter worked best with auto notch.

Beside coil selection, coil swing makes a difference. Also ground balance will help a hunt. Has anyone tried to decode the GB procedure for the F75? Did you know there is a different GB procedure say for a 15 inch coil than a 10 inch coil?

Air Test are ok, and will let you know your detector is working. It will also help you id targets before the hunt. I even swing on junk laying on top of the ground like a bottle cap and pull tab so I dont dig those signals unless Im digging it all.

If there is a link for the DP mode please post if you find it I would like to read it. Thanks.

I have an F70...I have been running DP tones for 7yrs...I never leave them at all for any reason. Inland jewelry, dry beach sweeping, clad, occasional silver coins. Try this...1 disc, -3 thresh, 55 sens, DE mode...No notch..

You never have to look at the screen. You can tell audibly what is under the coil, the proportional audio tells you how deep it is...its a very fast way to hunt, so its primary advantage to me is speed. You can tell a Q from a half, a zinc from a copper P, all that...with really good phones, you can get to tell a N from a tab based upon its target profile and ping solidity...

This allows you to fly through a lot of trash and pick coins out in a hurry..Its comfortable and relaxing actually, hearing it all allows you to find the zones...I've got over 20 dirt gold rings and one big gold chain using this...had a 10k coin year back in 2012 just local park hunting...heavy trash, you dont have to dig it if you dont want to...

If your sens is too hot, the subtleties of the target shape and profile and depth are too wide to rapidly determine, so the lower the sens combined with a neg thresh gives some very accurate audio feedback...

These settings I gave you are good on targets in the top 5"...deeper depending on soil moisture conditions etc...so adjust accordingly if you are after deeper targets...

Thank you. I had set it up too hot.

Well,I use dp tones,and there is a difference between me and the guys who state they (played around with them)

They work,and yes the fisher F75 was designed to use dp tones.It would be fruitless to put them in if they weren't useful.
In trashy environments I can and do pick coins out with ease,and I mean masked coins using dp tones.
The f75 has probably the best audio system going,and I've pretty much used them all,not just (played around).

So basically, I will play around with it a little bit when the weather breaks. I will get a sharpshooter and Thunder coil for the T2 before the summer is out. I 'm not all that excited about the dp tone, now that I have a better understanding. I have Tesoros that shallow coin hunt trash very effectively. I can even run CTX is heavy trash combined smooth tone, it sounds like an emergency vehicle coming through an intersection when sounds are mixed with low grunt and high conductors. I'd sooner like to run the T2 at max, hopefully getting past the Tesoro depths to find the elusive deeper coins. Thanks for taking the time to post. I have a better understanding of what its used for. Who knows, maybe I'll throw it in dp one day rather than switch machines.:cheers:

WoodButcher / TNSS

Learning the CTX3030, reading ANDY SABISCH handbook now, took out the machine for the 1st time Saturday, the DP tones sound like just another tool , great for Cherry picking coins out, didn't use , or try the F75se out since i found out about this but, higher conductor's, just like the silver squeal on the E-trac , ( Pitch Hold) also in the CTX3030, i ran Pitch hold , ( not Smooth) Saturday and liked it, using the F75 Standard when it 1st come out, till now i didn't know the DP feature was their , as i love the F75, the E-trac, i am sure i will like the CTX3030, TNSS ? , just wondering if the DP Tone feature is on the Deus, Racer, as i believe it is a very nice feature or tool to have in a detector, regardless of member's who say they played around with this feature vs member's who say they ran DP tone's for year's, and like it, Earl

Pitch hold and smooth have their different places. Smooth blends targets together, pitch hold gives id on most individual targets. Two different animals but yes, I use pitch hold a lot. On super heavy trash/iron, smooth will sound in with another as a high conductor blended in with other low target conductors. Use combine and split your tone frequency heavily to know the differences in tone to conductive targets. Combined combined target tones. I'm telling you it sounds like a emergency vehicle running through an intersection, best way I can describe it. Andy's Handbook said smooth is almost never used at all......

Bibelot

The 2nd time i take it out, i will open the tones up to 1200, i am not playing with the programs, as i ran a open screen on the etrac in manual, my friend hunted in Auto + 3 on the CTX3030 with me Saturday, but i hunted in manual 27, comparing to the E-trac, hunting in Auto + 3 won't be as deep as hunting in manual correct ? He recomended i use auto +3, Both of us were using the Ctx3030 with the 11 coil Saturday in his hunted out place .

I like to stay in Manual sensitivity. I started in Auto+3 but manual can run as smoothly at a higher sensitivity setting, therefore I think it has to be an advantage.

Back
Top Bottom