Nice to Find Gold Again!

Compass

Forum Supporter
Yesterday's surf forecast was music to my ears- strong onshore winds, good tide and large swells at my local beaches. I scouted several beaches in the morning before high tide and later, after high tide, those beaches looked completely different. At one beach where there were gentle slopes down to the water, there were now sheer cliffs dropping straight down creating 6' walls. :wow: When I saw this I thought that I was going to have the best day of hunting ever. As it turned out, I did much better at the beaches that looked less impressive than that particular beach.
If my hunting in the rough surf was a boxing match the referee would have stopped the fight and awarded the ocean a T.K.O.. The waves knocked me down twice and slapped me silly several more times. I was lucky not to lose any gear or finds. However, I was able to have the last laugh and steal some of Neptune's treasure including my first gold of 2018, a 6.9 gram, 14K, white gold band!
picture.php

picture.php

I found the gold ring early in the day and I thought with these conditions there was a good chance of having a multiple gold hunt. It was followed by a small silver ring and a junker but that was it. A fair amount of coins yesterday but I had to work to find productive pockets. I think I must have walked over 10 miles yesterday and I was exhausted by day's end. Finding gold always seems to make the effort worthwhile though!
picture.php

GL&HH!

Really nice finds. Looks like you had a busy day. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right George....that wind was a killer yesterday. Congrats on the very nice gold band....hope to see you on the beach again soon.

:dingding: You are much braver than me to tackle rough surf! Glad to see you got rewarded for your efforts.

Awesome George ! You kicked Butt ! I thought the same thing when i went to my local beach, when i got there i seen some 5 foot cliffs and was like oh yeah its on im going to have one hell of a tired digging arm :cool: well not so much :( i found a few coins but they were hard earned, i got one ss prayer ring and a silver Crystal earring, pretty dismal, about a hr into my hunt they stated to come in droves :laughing: i seen at least 20 detectorest going over the same spots, one guy had the nerve to run literally run :laughing: up ahead of me in my obvious grid zone to cut me off as i looked at him like really man there's not like 3 miles of beach here or anything :p he decided to continue to cut me off and hunt maybe 20 feet in front of me with his dual field leaving me more work as i was covering up his big ol holes :no: he was obviously a newbie but had yet to learn his beach etiquette :no: oh well i moved outta there quick as i was tired of that and hit a old spot i go to from time to time (and its been some time) and managed a another ss ring Hooray :p well better than a kick in the butt or staying home wishing i went detecting lol ;) but im glad the conditions moved some sand im hoping for some more of that real soon =) GL&HH George Happy For You Brother, you been looking hard for it :cool:

Attachments

• GUY.jpg
    GUY.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
That's a great hunt with a nice 14k! I often wonder when the water is not to bad then it gets ruff if the surf gods know I'm near gold and trying to stop me.:shock:

Nice hunt George! Congrats on the 14k white! I could be wrong but looking at the hallmark on that ring it looks like it could be made by Stuller. :cheers:

Boy those are some big flat beaches y'all hunt out there...People dont understand about walking 10 beach miles swinging rig and looking for sign...About the toughest form of hunting there is...

Thats a solid money ring you got there Geo, you earned that one!...Cheers!

Really nice finds. Looks like you had a busy day. Congrats
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks slider, Busy is a good word- lots of driving, lots of walking and lots of digging! :yes:

Congrats !!
Thanks Dragon!

Nice one. Congrats
Thank you Scuba, Long time since the last gold. :yes:

Congrats on the gold - off to a great start for 2018!!
Thanks rob, 2018 should be better than 2017- I hope! :D

You are right George....that wind was a killer yesterday. Congrats on the very nice gold band....hope to see you on the beach again soon.
Thanks Jeff, I hope you have a great year with lots of treasure! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom