Scratches on coils

modeltguy

Have any of you had issues with a coil due to excessive scratches? Does some slight scratching affect performance? Can scratches be polished out?

I personally would not worry about scratches. You don't want to polish them out, that is one thing I know. Polishing them out would make the plastic thinner and soon you won't have a coil that works.

Buy a coil cover if they bother you, or read up on some of the tricks others use like spray in truck bed liner.

Thanks for the replies. I am not concerned about cosmetic issues unless they affect function. I just bought a coil at a pretty good price that has some relatively minor scratches and scuffs and am hoping it will be OK. It hasn't come in yet so I won't get to test it for a week or so.

I personally would not worry about scratches. You don't want to polish them out, that is one thing I know. Polishing them out would make the plastic thinner and soon you won't have a coil that works.

Buy a coil cover if they bother you, or read up on some of the tricks others use like spray in truck bed liner.

Good advice!

x2

Back
Top Bottom