Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Forum Help & Announcements

Old 09-29-2017, 03:55 PM
Supporter

Default Anyone else getting this?

On trying to reply to a post? I've had it 2-3 times now, takes 3-4 attempts before reply works.
Attached Images

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Old 09-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Supporter

No but I'm only here every so often throughout the day, and on iPhone 100% of the time.

2 Compadres : 2018 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $163.22 ($804.72), Silver coins: 1 (6), Wheats: 17 (45), Gold: 6 (24), .925 8 (57), Rings: 41 (181), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 09-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Supporter

Seems to have stopped. I could open another thread in an instant, just a problem on a reply.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
On trying to reply to a post? I've had it 2-3 times now, takes 3-4 attempts before reply works.

The forum was down for a while a couple days ago and is taking a while to load tonight...

Banned Spammers 788

Old 09-29-2017, 09:38 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Cfmct View post
The forum was down for a while a couple days ago and is taking a while to load tonight...
OK, thanks! Not had any more issues since posting earlier.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM
Administrator

I had a similar issue this morning, but didn't bother tracking it down to see if it was the forum server itself, or one of the intervening servers along the way. I am typically 5 hops away from the forum server, so any problems along the route will manifest itself as a "forum" problem. I was too busy processing 5 spammers that were attempting to register. By the time I finished that, the forum was running fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never, under any circumstances, take a laxative and a sleeping pill, on the same night.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Rudy View post
I had a similar issue this morning, but didn't bother tracking it down to see if it was the forum server itself, or one of the intervening servers along the way. I am typically 5 hops away from the forum server, so any problems along the route will manifest itself as a "forum" problem. I was too busy processing 5 spammers that were attempting to register. By the time I finished that, the forum was running fine.
I'll take spammers getting the axe over a couple minutes worth of posting issues any time

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:14 PM
Administrator

I'll take spammers getting the axe over a couple minutes worth of posting issues any time

Trust me... you wouldn't want to be dealing with the amount of spammers Rudy and I are dealing with right now.. as to the issue you are talking about every time I try to reply or go some where else I have to refresh the page as its timing out all the time for me

Banned Spammers 788