Is it a recovery, when you find your own lost money?

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Saturday, I had a pretty good day at a local elementary school. Found more than than $4 an hour, and had pretty much stacked up my first "one of everything" in clad. I'd pulled pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, a half dollar, and even a presidential gold dollar.

When I got home and was counting it all up (totaled something like $8.39), I realized I couldn't find the gold dollar. That's when it hit me... I laid down briefly, because my shoulder blade was sore from all the swinging of a snow-laden coil. I realized when I laid down, my coin pouch wasn't zipped up and I probably lost the dollar coin at that point. I also realized there was probably "more" that was lost, too, but couldn't tell how much, obviously.

Skip to Monday, and I decided to go back to the elementary school after dinner. I figured the money would still be there in a pile, because it snowed on Sunday. Only took about 15 minutes to find it. It was about 50 feet off where I thought I'd been when I laid down (it was dark on Saturday, when I was hunting, and I only had a general recollection). Plus, I kept picking up more stuff as I was hunting. I think there was about $2-$2.50 in change in that little pile. I came home with $3.90 after 40 minutes of hunting. My shortest hunt of the year, and I barely would call it that, but it was worth going the 4 miles to the elementary school to retrieve the lost clad. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 261
This reminds me of about every time I accidentally drop a cool find. . . that momentary panic of "Oh no, I lost it. . . oh yeah."

This reminds me of about every time I accidentally drop a cool find. . . that momentary panic of "Oh no, I lost it. . . oh yeah."

I lost, out of my very very full-with-clad finds pouch... the only silver spoon ring I'd ever found. I search in vain for it for 2 hours. No luck. It was a gorgeous thing, and I really was upset because I'd failed to even get a picture of it! That's the only other time I know I've lost something. It's probably happened other times, too... but it happens!

I think my son lost a silver dime once... IN his pouch bag. Dumped out all the trash, looked through it, and never found it. I found out only after the fact, when we got home, because he was so bummed out. I think it was when I told him, "well, did you look inside each piece of trash?" that he really knew he'd messed up.

"No dad, I threw it away before we left." LOL

Skippy

I lost, out of my very very full-with-clad finds pouch... the only silver spoon ring I'd ever found. I search in vain for it for 2 hours. No luck. It was a gorgeous thing, and I really was upset because I'd failed to even get a picture of it! That's the only other time I know I've lost something. It's probably happened other times, too... but it happens!

I think my son lost a silver dime once... IN his pouch bag. Dumped out all the trash, looked through it, and never found it. I found out only after the fact, when we got home, because he was so bummed out. I think it was when I told him, "well, did you look inside each piece of trash?" that he really knew he'd messed up.

"No dad, I threw it away before we left." LOL

Skippy

That Sucks Skip !!
Here .. you can borrow mine :D

Attachments

• Spoon 2.jpg
    Spoon 2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 187
I lost a mercury dime. A few days later my friend found it. I lost a Yellow ring. I could see that it had engraving in it but could not see well enough to tell what it was.
Back to the beach the next morning for four hours of searching with no luck.

Three days later I was back at the beach and parked in almost the same spot. Got out of the vehicle and turned on the detector and had a target. I thought Junk but had only walked away a few feet and went back and under the leaves was the Yellow ring.

Got home and got the loupe and discovered I had a Lord of the Rings piece of yellow Junk.

To me, that would be the definition of recovery. I'd call all the rest of it something else, like 'discovery'.

Back
Top Bottom