Ground Hog/ Wood Chuck Problem

Thanks or all the help and suggestions.. I'm going to Lowes tomorrow and getting a
Have-a-Heart trap. Tried a few suggestions but damn rodent just dug another hole next to it. I would not even care but it's on the front foundation of my house and I don't want any problems down the road..

I'll be updating my progress..

Go to Tractor Supply, 1/2 the cost, and you'll get a 2nd smaller trap with it.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...release-live-animal-traps-2-pack?cm_vc=-10005

You can easily build your own live trap...takes no time, with basic tools, maybe 1/2hr....I'm sure theres all sorts of youtube vids out there nowadays.....

We used to make them out of about any old junk laying around....even just some 1x12 scrap siding and string for a trigger..our own thought up design, its not hard at all to figure out....We would use an apple for bait for chucks and rabbits etc...had it set out back by the garden and the daughter would look out the window first thing to see if the door was down...run out there to see what we caught! It was fun and educational!

It would be fun to do if you have a kid involved so they can experience the engineering as well as the capture in something they made!

I’ve got a few in my backyard,,aside from digging a hole or 2to live in they don’t bother anything,and help keep the grass down,they eat constantly.lol.I figured live and let live,they haven’t dug any holes except th 2 Original ones in 10 years.

I’ve got a few in my backyard,,aside from digging a hole or 2to live in they don’t bother anything,and help keep the grass down,they eat constantly.lol.I figured live and let live,they haven’t dug any holes except th 2 Original ones in 10 years.
You must not have a garden. ‘Hogs will use every skill they have, in order to get to those veggies/plants. They’re great climbers and will scale a fence with no problem. Unless your garden is completely enclosed, they will keep coming until they’ve chowed down all your favorites. Get rid of one, another shows up, then another and so on.

And those two holes actually lead to the same underground burrow. It's a defensive type of build that gives them an escape route.

Roger

Anyone have any tips on getting these guys off my property digging holes near my house. Any help is appreciated but I think most will say to trap in a Save a heart trap..

Many thanks..
Bruce

My Labrador corners them and then I move in with the hay fork... problem taken care of... took out 5 like that last year.

Back
Top Bottom