White's QXT Pro ??

milco

Elite Member
Anyone have one of these or know anything about them? Also when did they come out? I am looking for a detector and ran across one of these but would like to hear some thoughts on it from this group first. Any help would be great. Thanks!

I owned 2 of them. A buddy of mine owed 2, and another guy I knew owned 3. Why so many? They kept freaking out on us! When they worked, they were GREAT machines, but there was some QC issues. You either got a good one or a lemon. If the one for sale still works, then it's probably a good one.

I loved mine while they worked.

A QXT was my first machine. I learned a lot from it. Never had any trouble. It was a great machine, very simple. I upgraded to a XLT eventually and now to a DFX. The QXT doesnt have the adjustments like the XLT or the DFX but some people dont care for making custom programs. The settings you can only save until the battery is taken out. There is no backlight which was always a problem for me but may not be for you. It uses the same coils as the XLT so they are easier to find. I would suggest it if you could get it for cheap and by that I mean under $200. If not I would look into an XLT which in my opinion is far superior. You get what you pay for in this hobby.

I have veen tempted to buy one a few times but keep thinking back to the statement a dealer told me once - he told me to stay away from because they was not a very good model why I can't remember now but I do remember that he said the the reason you don't hear much about them is because they were not a very good detector. Steve.

I have veen tempted to buy one a few times but keep thinking back to the statement a dealer told me once - he told me to stay away from because they was not a very good model why I can't remember now but I do remember that he said the the reason you don't hear much about them is because they were not a very good detector. Steve.
:yes:
Better stay away. They won't become better while they grow older (like wine).

Back
Top Bottom