3 Questions about the Ace 250

jrzboy

1. Does anyone have any experience using an Ace 250 in cold weather? I was thinking about doing some winter hunting, maybe even going down to the beach.

2. My second question is a 2 parter:
A. I suspect I may have purchased the 250 without considering the soil conditions where I live (Central/Northern Jersey) and I was wondering if I should have bought a different detector if I live in an area with highly mineralized soil.

B. How do I find out the soil conditions where I wish to detect?

Thanks for any responses

- Jeff

I don't know yet, My Ace 250 should be coming in Monday or so, I live in Florida so I do a lot of dry sand detecting at the beach. I don't think I will have those problems, I just cant get to close to the salt water,

Ive never had any problems in cold.Last winter I had to stop occasionally to shake the frost off but it didnt affect it.Ive never worried much about ground conditions;just back off sensitivity if its too noisy.

Ive never had any problems in cold.Last winter I had to stop occasionally to shake the frost off but it didnt affect it.Ive never worried much about ground conditions;just back off sensitivity if its too noisy.

When you say "shake the frost off", do you mean that if you're out for a prolonged period your detector literally builds up frost?

When you say "shake the frost off", do you mean that if you're out for a prolonged period your detector literally builds up frost?

Yes,not ice as such.With the coil cover on it wont fall through the coil like some machines.Its only from whats on the grass.Im not talking -10 or anything drastic.Same happens with anything you brush against.It turned yellow once from all the buttercups I was brushing through.

I have had my Ace out also in below freezing weather with no problems. The problem is getting to the target!!!
You should be fine

Back
Top Bottom