• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Salutations from Spain! Some Awesome Beaches Here!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Gentlemen, ladies & fellow pirates, I have been meaning to give you guys an update on my 850 kilometer hike across Spain on the Camino del Norte. I have been hiking for 23 days and have covered over 600 kms. I have gotten lots of blisters which I've overcome. This route has been as beautiful but more brutal compared to my other Camino hikes. I miss reading your posts and detecting. I can't tell you how many beaches I've walked by and through wishing I had my detector with me. I have been told that they have "antiquities laws" and that it's really not allowed. I'm sure somebody is doing it here and doing real well as some of these beaches get packed! Keep up the pirating and I hope to be back home in a few weeks getting my own gold once again. Plus, the salt water will be good therapy for my blisters too! [emoji6]
8f75f0690afb6db512afc1305b7e9e66.jpg
d33fea6f378a5396d9ba505d408d6b4d.jpg
c2b54668f7be4f6aaeedbf0170cfa287.jpg
570cf937420ae6532feeb5faff0771aa.jpg
6efdf4adb4bd4b840b572608b3524f5c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey Felix! How goes it. Is that photo taken at La Coruña? It looks vaguely reminiscent.

Being in España del Norte, don't forget to try some of the best from the Asturia region. Go to a nice –outdoor sitting– taverna, overlooking the beaches and sip some cava, a perfect accompaniment is some spanish cheeses or fresh fruit. Or if you are looking for something that will put some hairs on your chest, try the local Orujo. It is Spain's version of what Italy calls Grapa. The really good stuff is 100 proof :shock: so don't overdo the Orujo. I love it with some hearty tapas or spanish chorizo cut into small pieces.

Last edited:
Cool Picks

As far as the hiking goes NO Pain - No Gain :lol: , that is a shame no detecting is allowed, as i would buy a detector their , ARE you sure ? Hey have a good trip Felix, the news is the ZINCONS are building up on the Florida beaches since you been gone, come back soon :lol: Happy hiking, Earl

.... I have been told that they have "antiquities laws" and that it's really not allowed. I'm sure somebody is doing it here.....

There was a show-&-tell post on a forum several years ago by a UK hunter. He'd just come back from a beach vacation in Spain. He was proudly showing off a nice handful of gold rings he'd found. He got the usual "atteboys" and such. But one reply he got took issue with him (scolded him) for having detected in Spain. The dissenter suggested it wasn't allowed .

So the conversation side-tracked to allowed vs not-allowed. The md'r explained that he'd asked the hotel clerk if it was ok. The clerk had shrugged their shoulders and said they seen other md'rs, so it must be ok. Still though, the md'r , when he got on the beach, asked a passing cop or beach-personnel or some-such authority. And again, got another "I don't see why not" type answer.

Hence he had detected a full week, in broad day-light, never bothered. In fact I think he met another md'r or two during the time there.

The moral of the story is: I bet if you went asking enough bored USA purist archies: "Hi, can I metal detect in the USA ?" That you would likewise be told "no", and pointed to "antiquities laws" (ARPA) to bolster that "no". :roll:

Rudy, I had orujo my last trip here and have a bottle at home. I have been to beaches in San Sebastian, Getaria, and Deba among the many.

I am sure that I would've been able to detect here without a problem. Whatever laws may exist they seem reasonable here - "live and let live".

Rudy, I had orujo my last trip here and have a bottle at home. I have been to beaches in San Sebastian, Getaria, and Deba among the many.

Oh, ok, you are in the early stages of el camino del norte then. I hope that when you where in Deba you got to have dinner at one of the best Basque restaurants around, Restaurante Urgain de Deba. Great place if you like Basque food.

Is your daughter with you again?

I am sure that I would've been able to detect here without a problem.....

Probably. Just as so-too have others from Spain occasionally popped on with show & tell posts. (so long as they're not snooping around obvious historic sensitive off-limits monuments) .

But the fastest way to bring an end to this, is to go through a bureaucratic maze of govt. officials. Ask a bunch of archie's there if it's ok. Be sure to pepper the question with words like "artifact", "antiquities", "remove", "graves" and "loot", and I'm sure you will find someone that has a problem with it. And might even say it's a "border to border mandate" across entire Spain.

Hence shame on those guys from Spain who haven't done that. :mad: The fact they've "gone w/o problems" just means they didn't "seek clarifications" long enough and hard enough. Tsk tsk :laughing:

Great footage!!!! man, seeing those beaches makes me think those walking sticks need to become a MD and scoop,,,,,,,:laughing:just has to be gold lying there like cord wood,,,,,,,beaches have been very busy Felix,,,,gold is there but is requiring work and effort,,,,,,enjoy the hike and scenery,,,,that's memories for a lifetime,,,,,,,GL HH

Felix. cool those blisters in the warm salt water and walk around with a detector in your hand. If they object Tell them you don't have a medical Marijuana prescription and that is your therapy dog. That beach looks too good to pass up. Forget the hike. Be the Pirate.:lol:

Been to Spain as well - very very nice country and beaches......

Not sure about metal detecting on the beach ....... I'd sprain my neck from "rubber necking"....... couldn't concentrate on signals at all..... but I also didn't see any MD'ers so the beaches have to be loaded!!!

:dingding::dingding: For the beaches you found...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Have fun!!

<°)))>{

Sure miss your treasure post but these will cover the bill! Beautiful there Wow!

I want to see some of the other "beach" photos that are popular in Spain...... ;)

This is a "family" oriented forum and I would be banned. ;)

Back
Top Bottom