Field Test Of The New Garrett MS-2 Headphones

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
A good metal detector is a great piece of electronic equipment which can detect various iron and alloy objects close to the coil, and even at somewhat great distances, depending on the coil size, coil type, ground conditions and how the operator has tweaked up the electronics at the end of the metal detector. You can even squeeze in a little more depth by using a comforatble, good quality set of headphones.

ms2%203%20smaller_zps3qkyw8zs.jpg~original

The new Garrett "MS-2 HEADPHONES" are a great new addition to the available Garrett Gear. They are 10 ounces lighter then the previous Garrett Master Sound Detector Headphones. The ear cushions are softer, resulting in excellent cancelling of ambient noise to hear those fain whispers of deep targets.

-Volume control. Adjust signal levels to suit individual hearing requirements and to enhance weak signals.
-Comfortable headband and ear cushions.
-Reinforced 10-foot coiled cord with right angle.
-Speaker impedance: 8 ohms
-Frequency response: 30-18,000 Hz.
-Ability to fold up and store in small compartments like glove boxes
-Can be ordered with a 1/4" stereo plug or 2 pin water tight connector
-For use with ATX, AT Pro, AT Pro International, AT Gold or Sea Hunter.

ms2%202%20smaller_zpsoeicorzo.jpg~original

My first outing was with the AT Gold, using the 5" x 8" coil and went wireless using the new Garrett Z-Lynk Wireless system. I turned the unit on, along with the Z-Lynk system. The headset and transmitter paired off immediately. I searched some sports fields and previous snow covered toboggan hills. The headphones are a perfect match for the AT Series. You can hear even the tiniest whisper coming from deep junk targets, and they are so quiet. I could not hear any of the kids playing nearby nor any cars in the area. The sound quality was superb! As good as or even better then some other after market headphones costing much more. And unlike the previous Garrett Master Sound Headphones, the new MS-2 have only one volume control, paired for both ears. Another bonus, was that when set to a comfortable volume level, I still had a lot more volume left, should I need it. Some of my other headphones at home often have to run at full volume, to get maximum performance.

ms2%201smaller_zps8xiqrbxy.jpg~original

My next outing, was with the ACE 400, in a park and baseball diamond. I directly plugged the 1/4" plug into the ACE, choosing not to use the Z-Lynk wireless system. Again, as with the AT Gold, after I set the volume to a comfortable level, I still had a lot of volume left, in case I deeded it. The ACE detectors are unique compared to the AT Series, as they amplify the deep weak signals, so that they match the volume intensity of shallow targets. Yet, pinpointing accurately demands a good ear, and targets beyond the coil at times do in fact give a fast, weaker response. The Garrett MS-2 Headphones allow you to accurately hear these sounds, which results with smaller holes dug to retrieve targets and also saves precious time, which can be put to better use, searching for more targets.

ms2%207%20smaller_zpssegvyzwc.jpg~original

If you are considering upgrading to a new set of headphones, consider purchasing the Garrett MS-2 Headphones. They are very sensitive to audio signals, do an excellent job removing the ambient noise, are light and fold up nicely to be put in your glove box. Fore further information on the new Garrett MS-2 Headphones, call your local metal detector dealer or contact Garrett Metal Detectors.

http://www.garrett.com/

Attachments

• wireless headphone 2.jpg
    wireless headphone 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 237
Back
Top Bottom