Strong signal but no metal

fs_hockey

I have a hole dug in my yard by a tree because I was hitting on a strong signal but the deeper I go the signal is still in the hole, I dug about almost 2 feet today and still found nothing, any one else have this happen, I'm using a bounty hunter tracker 1-d/505

Are you using a handheld pinpointer also? If so, what does it indicate? Have you checked the sides of the hole?

Good luck!

I have a hole dug in my yard by a tree because I was hitting on a strong signal but the deeper I go the signal is still in the hole, I dug about almost 2 feet today and still found nothing, any one else have this happen, I'm using a bounty hunter tracker 1-d/505

well if you went that deep you might as well keep going to china ok enough joking like the obove poster said it could be in the side of the hole or its a large deep piece of iron a easy way to check is raise the coil up while sweeping if it still hitting at 8 to 10 inches obove the ground its most likely large iron get a pinpointer it will help alot gl hh

I had a few times I get a good hit on my detector and start digging and can't find anything in the hole or the sides with my PP. But recheck with my MD and same strong hit. Dig a little more to the sides and depth and still nothing. Any ideas on that?

Chris W.

Sounds like deep iron to me. I come across a lot of high tones that turn into either deep iron or a deep can.

it probably big rusty iron. I have dug 3 feet deep to find a engine oil pan in the woods and another location dug 3 feet deep to find a old motorcycle wheel. How high can you raise the coil and still get a signal? at the time I was using BHT4 and pinpointer.

I didn't try raising it at the time. It was at the local tot lot. I'll go back probably this weekend and try again. But going to try to hit a few basketball courts in the area first to see what I can find. I liked the thread on that so it's got my attention right now. The tot lot I was at isn't that old and I didn't find much there yesterday.

Chris W.

Sorry just had a similar situation. Didn't mean to "hijack"..

Chris W.

Did you find anything in there yet?

Attachments

• find it..JPG
    find it..JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 230
At 24", its hard to believe that lil' detector would recognize a target that is much deeper. More likely that the target is/was to the side of your hole...

From my experience, many of these types of signals are false. My kid has the same detector and after 5 min of digging, I'll come by with the PI or Explorer to see if I get a signal too. We are in an area with highly mineralized soil so these conditions push the BH beyond its limits. Take it to a stable area and it works fine. Just my $0.02 :D

Back
Top Bottom