Excalibur Mal's Surfone Upgrade

Anthony

Ordered Mal's Surfone kit for the Excalibur and also his Surfones. Installed the kit in about 15 minutes. The longest wait is overnight for the AquaSeal to dry. After that I cleaned and re-shrunk the old end cap and it was done. Mal supplies 2 heat shrink wraps for the end cap but I decided to save them. Took the detector to the beach and it was a world of difference. First the headphones are now interchangeable, I have a 3 1/2 foot cord instead of the short 19" cord that Minelabs uses and I have headphones that sound much better and don't fall off my head.
Malcolm you did a great job on this upgrade!
BTW Malcolm is always available should you have any questions about doing this. Anyone can do it! You just need an allen wrench to remove the end cap screws, some AquaSeal and a heat gun to shrink the end cap on.
This upgrade was money well spent in my opinion!

Ordered Mal's Surfone kit for the Excalibur and also his Surfones. Installed the kit in about 15 minutes. The longest wait is overnight for the AquaSeal to dry. After that I cleaned and re-shrunk the old end cap and it was done. Mal supplies 2 heat shrink wraps for the end cap but I decided to save them. Took the detector to the beach and it was a world of difference. First the headphones are now interchangeable, I have a 3 1/2 foot cord instead of the short 19" cord that Minelabs uses and I have headphones that sound much better and don't fall off my head.
BTW Malcolm is always available should you have any questions about doing this. Anyone can do it! You just need an allen wrench to remove the end cap screws, some AquaSeal and a heat gun to shrink the end cap on.

its there a link to this?
thanks

sounds good anthony.

Whats nice is he can provide the CTX end cap with it..... change out is fast. I have a pair Joe sent me many moons ago. I have to say i like joes muffs better. Just softer and tighter keeping the wind out..... unless MAL changed um. I just did a new CTX connector on them yesterday .... they do have a good sound. The wiring was certainly different...... casing strand wire and itty bitty cooper of about 3 strands.... that was fun to solder. Plenty of cable and TIGHT fit...... almost to tight with me wearing glasses.

Whats nice is he can provide the CTX end cap with it..... change out is fast. I have a pair Joe sent me many moons ago. I have to say i like joes muffs better. Just softer and tighter keeping the wind out..... unless MAL changed um. I just did a new CTX connector on them yesterday .... they do have a good sound. The wiring was certainly different...... casing strand wire and itty bitty cooper of about 3 strands.... that was fun to solder. Plenty of cable and TIGHT fit...... almost to tight with me wearing glasses.
Thanks Dew...I'll be selling those Excal m12 endcaps come Jan and feb. I'm just finishing up 8 for Mal...he's the only one I do them for during hunting season. We need to get him doing the PP mods for the UK hunters.

Joe..... ill tell you what i want from you this winter. 4 encaps with set up with enough cable for a PP switch..... but with out the handle and switch. All my phones have the CTX connector on them as you know. What i want to do is test Mels PP button. He says its an IP68. Not sure but it would sure save some cutting time on the end of the handle since its a drop in.

I agree..... with all the new machines coming out i still think Xcal in PP mode will be KING buddy. Well.... unless Fisher DOES produce that disc PI. By the look of the BOX id say they have a long way to go to stuff that in a small unit.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom