600 or 800

dfg4240

Thinking of getting the nox but from what I see the 600 digs everything the 800 does unless it is a small piece of gold.
on the beach it will find the same rings the 800 does! am I right.If I detect mostly on or along the beach why would the 800 be better?
On the other hand I don't want to buy the 600 and say to myself that I should have bought the 800. take the case of gold rings only. Will one find more than the other.
David

Thinking of getting the nox but from what I see the 600 digs everything the 800 does unless it is a small piece of gold.
on the beach it will find the same rings the 800 does! am I right.If I detect mostly on or along the beach why would the 800 be better?
On the other hand I don't want to buy the 600 and say to myself that I should have bought the 800. take the case of gold rings only. Will one find more than the other.
David

I have the 800. But if you are not hunting gold nuggets in the deserts, streams or tailings then go with the 600.

Why? with the 600 you won't be tempted to learn all the different additional settings with the 800 that you probably don't really need like tone breaks.

Just select beach 1 or 2 modes and have at it.

and same some money.

Beach hunting? The 600 is all you need in a detector. But then the accessories do come with the 800.

The 800 comes with wireless headphones. The 600 comes with wired headphones. I opted for the 600 and very happy I did. I don't live in an area conducive to gold nuggets. When in the multi-frequency mode, the 600 hunts at the same 5 frequencies as the 800. For the $200 difference in the 600 and 800, get the 6" coil for the 600 and have some fun.:yes:

The wireless headphones and the wm-08. Not to mention that the gold mode gets plenty of press as being very deep.

The main reason I went with the 800 was the additional audio options. I hunt in 5 tones almost exclusively, so the adjustability and tone breaks are a big plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to buy the 600 but I had the money for the 800 so I got the best I could.
I wanted a high end detector, one that I wouldn't be outgunned with.
The 600 probably would have been just fine also.

800 all the way.

I made the mistake of grabbing the wrong detector for a night hunt tonight. I brought my 600 thinking it was the 800.
The light on the 600 is too bright! (Imagine high beams in your rear view mirror)

You also get the wireless headphones and WM8 module.
I use the module for night hunting with earbuds so I can listen for people and waves.

It did separate a tungsten ring 18 ID from nearby iron, but it didn't *bang* like I *think* the 800 would.

Good luck with your decision and HH!

Last edited:
The 800 comes with wireless headphones. The 600 comes with wired headphones. I opted for the 600 and very happy I did. I don't live in an area conducive to gold nuggets. When in the multi-frequency mode, the 600 hunts at the same 5 frequencies as the 800. For the $200 difference in the 600 and 800, get the 6" coil for the 600 and have some fun.:yes:

Call me ignorant, but how does the 600 use 5 frequencies when it only has 3?

*edit- I found that the 600 does operate all 5 frequencies when in multi-mode but the 20 and 40 aren't accessible as single freq's.

Last edited:
I had the opportunity to buy either, money wasn't an issue, and there was no hesitation for me...I went for the 800.
Why, not because I hunt for nuggets or really wanted or needed the WiFi headphones or WM08 module but because of the extra settings possible.
The expanded range of a few, the user feature that can save custom settings and most importantly the extra tone adjustments available on the 800 that were not on the 600.
I use all data when I hunt, tones, display and target behavior and it can all change when you use different settings.
I had no idea what settings would be the absolute best for my dirt, still don't, but I am a huge tweaker and found using others sometimes using some out of the box settings can have great advantages in difficult conditions so why limit myself in any way?
I would much rather have all setting possibilities available and not need them then find I need them and not have them.
I might not need the 20 and 40kHZ frequencies to hunt nuggets but they might have advantages in combating my mineralized iron infested devil dirt.
The only way to find out is to try.
I can hear all the tones the 600 has but who knows if the greater adjustability of the 800 tones might make a difference in what I can perceive, notice and find?
Again, the only way to find out is to experiment and try.

If money was a huge consideration I would have bought the 600 and would have been satisfied and from what I have seen so far I can well recommend the Nox, any Nox, for many situations.
For me a major thing was worrying about the what ifs...I did not want to regret my decision immediately or anywhere down the line like, ever.
What if it turns out using 40kHz or either if the two beach settings had some major advantages hunting in my iron infested sites?
What if one particular tone setting/combination was much better for me to deal with the massive masking problems I encounter every day?
What if I read about some sort of great settings some other 800 owner hit on that worked tremendously on pop tops, pull tabs or any other trash problem I can possibly come across that I could not replicate on a 600 if I chose that one?
I tell you what if...nothing but regret for me then and in the future if I went that direction when I knew I had the choice to go either way.

In normal nice soil I am not exactly sure if I would have even thought about buying any Nox, I hunted in that kind of dirt for a couple of years and everything worked, worked easily and worked well.
Now that I hunt in the mineralized SE in a particular area of the country where we are so lucky to have so many extra major issues an challenges this tool, and the way it works here, seems to be special.

Again, if money is an issue having a 600 is better than not having any but if it isn't so much an issue those extra couple hundred bucks is a no brainer....why limit yourself when you don't even know the capabilities of either one in your dirt and the conditions you hunt in?

To repeat...I would rather have something and not need it than find I need it and not have it.

Call me ignorant, but how does the 600 use 5 frequencies when it only has 3?

*edit- I found that the 600 does operate all 5 frequencies when in multi-mode but the 20 and 40 aren't accessible as single freq's.

You were wise to research, very good grasshopper.

I had the opportunity to buy either, money wasn't an issue, and there was no hesitation for me...I went for the 800.
Why, not because I hunt for nuggets or really wanted or needed the WiFi headphones or WM08 module but because of the extra settings possible.
The expanded range of a few, the user feature that can save custom settings and most importantly the extra tone adjustments available on the 800 that were not on the 600.
I use all data when I hunt, tones, display and target behavior and it can all change when you use different settings.
I had no idea what settings would be the absolute best for my dirt, still don't, but I am a huge tweaker and found using others sometimes using some out of the box settings can have great advantages in difficult conditions so why limit myself in any way?
I would much rather have all setting possibilities available and not need them then find I need them and not have them.
I might not need the 20 and 40kHZ frequencies to hunt nuggets but they might have advantages in combating my mineralized iron infested devil dirt.
The only way to find out is to try.
I can hear all the tones the 600 has but who knows if the greater adjustability of the 800 tones might make a difference in what I can perceive, notice and find?
Again, the only way to find out is to experiment and try.

If money was a huge consideration I would have bought the 600 and would have been satisfied and from what I have seen so far I can well recommend the Nox, any Nox, for many situations.
For me a major thing was worrying about the what ifs...I did not want to regret my decision immediately or anywhere down the line like, ever.
What if it turns out using 40kHz or either if the two beach settings had some major advantages hunting in my iron infested sites?
What if one particular tone setting/combination was much better for me to deal with the massive masking problems I encounter every day?
What if I read about some sort of great settings some other 800 owner hit on that worked tremendously on pop tops, pull tabs or any other trash problem I can possibly come across that I could not replicate on a 600 if I chose that one?
I tell you what if...nothing but regret for me then and in the future if I went that direction when I knew I had the choice to go either way.

In normal nice soil I am not exactly sure if I would have even thought about buying any Nox, I hunted in that kind of dirt for a couple of years and everything worked, worked easily and worked well.
Now that I hunt in the mineralized SE in a particular area of the country where we are so lucky to have so many extra major issues an challenges this tool, and the way it works here, seems to be special.

Again, if money is an issue having a 600 is better than not having any but if it isn't so much an issue those extra couple hundred bucks is a no brainer....why limit yourself when you don't even know the capabilities of either one in your dirt and the conditions you hunt in?

To repeat...I would rather have something and not need it than find I need it and not have it.

Thanks for the info and I appreciate it. I don't think it is the money mostly but rather spend an extra $200 for something I don't need.
I know the 800 comes with wireless phones. Do I really need wireless phones. the one thing I think I see but not many mention is that I think the 800 hits harder or seems to grab onto the target a little harder than the 600.
Anyway I will do a little more homework
David

The 800 comes with wireless headphones, but you can use just about any bluetooth headphones (low latency is recommended) with the 600 out of the box from what I understand.

It has already been mentioned, The Audio break and audio tone adjustment ability as well as backlight adjust are well worth it to me.. Then to top it off with the wireless options which you could sell and get your money back if you didn't need them, Leaving you with a machine with more adjustment and features for the same money.

I got the 600 and I am happy with the purchase. But the wireless headphones and tone break adjustments available on the 800 along with the faster possible recovery speed on the 800 would in my opinion be worth spending the extra money on in my opinion , if your budget allows. Most people would be happy with either model though.

I got the 600 and I am happy with the purchase. But the wireless headphones and tone break adjustments available on the 800 along with the faster possible recovery speed on the 800 would in my opinion be worth spending the extra money on in my opinion , if your budget allows. Most people would be happy with either model though.

Are the tone breaks that important if you don't relic hunt though? I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting the 800, or get the 600 with the 6" coil. Some places I hunt have ridiculous amounts of iron in the soil, either nails, or rust halos. My AT Pro I simply set the iron disc to 35 or so...how much benefit would I get from the tone breaks?

I like the idea of the wireless included in the 800, but that's not worth the extra 250 to me, which means that the main difference that I'd use would be the tone breaks.

Back
Top Bottom