• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

4 Rings Over the Weekend + Scary Dig!

CyberSage

Elite Member
Finally got out to do a little swing'in after 12 days! My very first dig was in a small neighborhood park. Not a good omen!

skullRing.jpg

I almost re-buried it! :shock: narly little skull ring turned out to be a good luck!

Found 3 more rings over 2 days hunting (8 hours total). 2 silver rings and a junk ring. I used Google Earth to spot a little out of the way park next to an older school. The quarter count went through the roof (Cherry Picked). I picked up another Sac Dollar as well. :tumble: Here is a Picture of the weekends take.

Total.jpg

The heavy silver band was really nice. (My wife snagged that one before I even cleaned it). The other silver ring has a faceted stone inlay that goes all the way around it.

ring1.jpg

Don't know what kind of stones they are. Both rings are stamped ".925" . It sure felt good to get out again! Just thought I would share it with you.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Finally got out to do a little swing'in after 12 days! My very first dig was in a small neighborhood park. Not a good omen!

skullRing.jpg

I almost re-buried it! :shock: narly little skull ring turned out to be a good luck!

Found 3 more rings over 2 days hunting (8 hours total). 2 silver rings and a junk ring. I used Google Earth to spot a little out of the way park next to an older school. The quarter count went through the roof (Cherry Picked). I picked up another Sac Dollar as well. :tumble: Here is a Picture of the weekends take.

Total.jpg

The heavy silver band was really nice. (My wife snagged that one before I even cleaned it). The other silver ring has a faceted stone inlay that goes all the way around it.

ring1.jpg

Don't know what kind of stones they are. Both rings are stamped ".925" . It sure felt good to get out again! Just thought I would share it with you.

Keep Swing'in
Jack
It's funny I was in your neck of the woods and lost a ring just like that skull ring ......................................can I Have It?:sniff:

That's a sweet haul. I think I'm the guy that shows up after you and finds nothing but pennies! Nice work!

That is one awesome haul! I would wear that skull ring for good luck in the future. Over $24 in clad - I'm happy to get that in a month!:yes:

That's a great go 'round you had there.
I'm still working up to getting out again.
Ain't been out since the 21st of March. Got a trip planned for memorial weekend though.
We'll give the ace a try in the relic department. Wish us luck. (Can we borrow the skull?) ;)

Very nice hunting. You must be flying. Thats a score every few minutes. :shock:

Last edited:
Very nice hunting. You must be flying. Thats a score every few minutes. :shock:

I figure its a find every 4 to 5 minutes. Coin spills are where most of the dimes and pennies come from. I dig any VDI in the gold range, and quarter hits. If it is an unusual VDI and the signagraph looks good I dig also. This rate is typical of a cherry picking type hunt. Dig everything hunts are not as productive quantity-wise. I could not maintain this pace without the Bigfoot coil. You can really cover a lot of ground with one of these coils. Grassy areas at Elementary schools are the only place that I find such high counts of quarters. Lunch money I guess?

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Wow! 79 quarters - that's quite a haul! :wow:

Congrats on the rings! I like that skull one and the silver band. :)

Back
Top Bottom