Off to Iraq

bearbqd

Elite Member
Hey guys, I haven't been around awhile, but I wanted to say fairwell for now. I'm leaving for Iraq today for a 14 to 18 month deployment. I haven't posted any pics lately because I haven't done as much detecting in the past month or so since I found out I was being deployed. Not to say I haven't been out at all because I have and have found some really cool things lately. I went over to my mom's yard one more time with the good detector, the Minelab, and found a cool indian head pendant that I think might have been from our Highschool years ago since they were called the indians and it is shaped like their logo.
I also found two minie balls, a musket ball, a sterling cubscout ring which I can't remember being mine or not when I was in the scouts, and another gold men's wedding band. My dad thinks that belonged to a fellow who was looking for his dog about thirty years ago and then came back later and was asking the neighbors if anyone had seen a gold ring. It was about 5 inches down and that was about the same depth as some of the sixties and seventies coins I found.
I also found my first merc about a month ago. It was in the same field as the union sword belt plate that I posted. It's a 1943 and in great shape. I found another unidentified minie ball about 20 feet from the merc spot. I was gonna post pics of all these items but my computer crashed and we can't find the software to load the photo program onto my wife's computer.
I'm gonna miss posting here but hopefully I will still be able to visit the sight from time to time while I'm over there. I will have access to the internet but it will cost. I have really enjoyed hanging out with you all and looking at all of your great finds. I hope to be back with you soon in our eternal search for treasure. Take care everyone. I'm outta here.

Bearman

Godspeed Bearman. I've ex-military. I'm so proud of you and all of our heros. May God keep you in his hand. Make us proud, and keep your head down.

Bob

Keep your head down! :yes: Are you taking the detector with you? :lol:

A newbie here who hasn't had the pleasure of reading your posts, but wishing you the best on your sand and sun filled "holiday" :lol: Keep it low and slow over there and if you need anything make sure you let us know.

Godspeed

Be safe my friend and THANK YOU for serving this great country of ours. We'll save a few goodies for you when you get back.
Prayers for you and your family. :yes: :yes: :yes:

A big thanks to you and your family. I totally support my troops, who are defending this great country of ours. You guys/gals are all heros to me.

God bless you, and keep in touch.

God's speed and safe return! Thank you for your sacrifice for all of us here at home! We'll be praying for you and your family!

Take care Bearman...I've enjoyed your posts and look forward to reading more...remember to pack your sand scoop my friend, and here's hoping your tour is safe and shorter than expected . Roadrunner_426

Here's hoping you and all the other kids over there  can come home  early. It's time for the Iraqi people to take over defending  their own freedom. We carried the ball too many times for too many countries at a cost some have not appreciated.  Get back here  safe  OK...and  log in first chance  you get.......... :(   uncle Gil

Thank you for your service!!!!
I will be praying for you!
Have a safe and uneventful tour.
Gosh does that bring back memories of everytime my hubby was call back.

Godspeed and God bless you! You and your family are heroes in my book; THANK YOU for the job you are doing. I have very much enjoyed your posts and I'm looking forward to seeing more when you return. If you can get the chance, please post a note to us all just to say "hi" from time to time during your tour. We're all praying for you and yours.

Godspeed to you and your unit Bearman. Thank you for your sacrifice in serving our country, and the cause of freedom. My prayers will be for your safe and speedy return, and for your family as well.

Hey Bearman,
I'll just echo what everyone else is saying, God Speed and God Bless.

PocketChange

Back
Top Bottom