Thought I’d Share a Little on my Other Hobby (making Fishing Lures)

Been making fishing lures since I was nine years old. Between fishing and metal detecting it’s tough to find any free time, haha!

The Science of Fishing Lures - what makes Berkley baits catch more fish:

https://www.dickinsoncountynews.com/story/2592307.html

Just awesome man! You have my respect...

We've come a long way in the last 130 years..

Funny thing is, when they're on, it don't matter what you use, and when they're off, it don't matter what you use...

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20161003_122802.jpg
    IMG_20161003_122802.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 220
Grandpa was a fly tier. I only use them when the weather is warm enough to go in and get them in case of a snag, and I will go in. I also have a fly rod he made at least 30 years ago. For years it hung on my Dad's wall with a sign"No Jim, You May NOT Use My Fly Rod". Dad gave it to me when he was downsizing a couple of years ago, I still haven't used it, I'm going to, but I'm afraid to. I know if it were to break I would sit down and cry, hell I'll probably get a little misty-eyed even if it doesn't.

20190306_044050.jpg

Grandpa was a fly tier. I only use them when the weather is warm enough to go in and get them in case of a snag, and I will go in. I also have a fly rod he made at least 30 years ago. For years it hung on my Dad's wall with a sign"No Jim, You May NOT Use My Fly Rod". Dad gave it to me when he was downsizing a couple of years ago, I still haven't used it, I'm going to, but I'm afraid to. I know if it were to break I would sit down and cry, hell I'll probably get a little misty-eyed even if it doesn't.

View attachment 437504

Very cool I’d put those flies in a shadow box!

Just awesome man! You have my respect...

We've come a long way in the last 130 years..

Funny thing is, when they're on, it don't matter what you use, and when they're off, it don't matter what you use...

<°)))>{

Love that collection! Thanks for sharing!

Good post Spenglure. Sounds like a dream job, and glad to know it's all about what the fish go after...and not all of the shiny lures and jigs out on the market are designed to primarily attract money. There are fishing lures, and there are retail lures.

Back
Top Bottom