Average tooth fairy payouts

I'll be 49 this summer so eventually the tooth fairy will be finding some treasure under my pillows, sooner than later. I'll keep track and post each tooths value

WOW !!!! :shock: …...looks like inflation effected that too, when I was a kid the standard rate per tooth was 25 cents :lol:

(but that was before they made clad, but back then we didn't give much thought to coins being silver as that was the norm)

Back in our day it was like jif-animated-coin-image-0020.gif and for today's kids it is like money-pile-smiley-emoticon.gif :laughing:

Apparently my wife and I are cheapskates! My oldest daughter is 10, and she just lost a molar earlier this week as a matter of fact. Her haul? One crisp dollar bill, and she was thrilled. Granted, she was probably more so thrilled that the tooth fairy came at all - obviously she’s at that age where she’s starting to doubt and is slightly mortified at the thought of a small, winged creature who enjoys collecting bloody teeth in the middle of the night :lol:

Anyways, we thought we were being generous...going rate/tooth was a quarter for me growing up and losing teeth in the late 70s!

Tooth fairy ain’t getting no more teeth from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter lost her first tooth a few months ago, we gave her 5$. She was more than happy with that :laughing:

I don’t know why but we do $5 too. I think I got a quarter or something and they weren’t even silver (I don’t actually remember exactly what I got it’s been awhile :lol: )

My daughter says some of the kids in her class get a quarter or so too :lol:

My daughter is nearly 11 and knows the truth about Santa and the tooth fairy. My son is nearly 9 and doesn’t yet!

When I was a kid, I would put my tooth in a glass of water on the nightstand before I went to sleep. In the morning there would be a quarter in glass and the tooth would be gone. When my kids lost a tooth, they did the same thing but the tooth fairy would leave a presidential gold dollar in the glass.

Back
Top Bottom