10x12 SEF or Detech Ultimate for V3i?

FindandDetect

Elite Member
Being summer... I haven't spent much time on the forum. Just seeing if anyone owns both and prefers one over the other. I'm still in a bind on which to get :lol:

I just watched a Utube on the Ultimate 13 and wasn't impressed. Signal was jumpy even on targets which ended up being hardly more than 6 inches. M trustworthy 8x6 SEF can do better then that if that's what that Utube is really reflecting the 13" coil in performance. Sorry, I just don't see much in that vid.

Have both

Just recently purchased, the SEF 10x12 air tested 11 inches on a dime, no air test done on the 13, looking forward to hunting with both down the road, and the in action ground results, on my Etrac I like the SEF 10x12 over the Ultimate, but don't know with the V3i, as time will tell, happy hunting Earl

I had a non vrated sef coil on V3i. It's performance imo was better than the stock 10dd coil.
I've never used the coil that's been offered as a promotional (big coil) for V series detectors, but most threads/post info, for the most part indicate the sef coils are generally better separators vs typical design dd coils, and also seem to handle ground minerals better too.
I saw this using the sef coils on etracs and the V3i.

I've been considering both those coils as well, from my reading I plan to get the 13in Detech. I like the design better, and it was developed in collaboration with Whites so I'd assume it should match up very nicely. I'm also looking at a larger coil for my E-trac and F75, for those I will probbaly get the NEL attack coils since I hunt a lot of open fields.

Back
Top Bottom