NEL coils for Xterra?

BushWhacker

I have an Xterra 70 and an Xterra 705. I was looking at purchasing a Coiltek 15" WOT for these but looking at the design of the coils I might be looking at getting a NEL Attack or Big for the Xterra. The NEL coils just look better built. I read that Minelab had changed something in the 705s to where you wouldn't be able to use the NEL coils with them. Does anyone know if this is true and what year models does this effect?

The Coiltek Wot All Terrain are very well built BushWhacker. The first versions built were in the early 'line down the centre only' and were superbly balanced. Our new versions have excellent stable ribbing to them now, and the balance difference between the new and old take a little time getting used to. Really solid construction!
I'd rate the Coiltek's as the best large aftermarket coil ever made for VLF's. Barr none!

The larger Nel's you've mentioned, I have used them. ...arrhchooo, excuse me, ...Nel may be a sponsor here so....

Longhair would have filled you in with great advice already...

The Coiltek Wot All Terrain are very well built BushWhacker. The first versions built were in the early 'line down the centre only' and were superbly balanced. Our new versions have excellent stable ribbing to them now, and the balance difference between the new and old take a little time getting used to. Really solid construction!
I'd rate the Coiltek's as the best large aftermarket coil ever made for VLF's. Barr none!

The larger Nel's you've mentioned, I have used them. ...arrhchooo, excuse me, ...Nel may be a sponsor here so....

Longhair would have filled you in with great advice already...

No, sorry but the PMs I got were of very little use. I didn't find a lecture on how the folks at NEL were thieves, someone trying to start an argument and being told that maybe someday I will be an ID theft victim at the hands of their countrymen great advice. Going to take a couple of days off of the forum to reflect on if it's even worth staying around. I thought this was the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum? All I wanted was a simple answer on if the NEL coils would work on the Xterra.

Hey,if the coil works and is cheaper,I'd buy it.maybe Minelab should step there game up where the xterra is concerned and make better coils.I had them all,and the 10.5 was the best,no complaints there.But I'm sure the wot coil misses shallow targets,and the hf hockey puck is worthless,might as well buy a compadre for that price.The xterra is a great machine but coil price and performance other than the 10.5 is not there.I would definitely buy another 705,but only with that coil.

No, sorry but the PMs I got were of very little use. I didn't find a lecture on how the folks at NEL were thieves, someone trying to start an argument and being told that maybe someday I will be an ID theft victim at the hands of their countrymen great advice. Going to take a couple of days off of the forum to reflect on if it's even worth staying around. I thought this was the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum? All I wanted was a simple answer on if the NEL coils would work on the Xterra.

All right then. You want to know about the 'Attack and 'Big Nel coils....here it is...and be damned to the Sponsor...

You can have major problems with both! Some units accept them some units reject them CE coil error! Take your chance.
You may like the 'look of quality on the Nel's, but the WOT is far superior in quality, like I already mentioned.
The big is a useless coil, being that is goes over the mark of the largest size sutible to a VLF (14.5" round) for depth and clarity. It splays numerical and tonal Id on the 705's hell west and crooked and plays havoc in prospecting mode. Absolutely useless even on medium hot ground.

Add to that, if this Nel company did not produce it's illegal coils, we would a further three coils from Coiltek as a minimum.... business wise it doesn't make sense to manufacture more accessory coils when there is a flood of illegal Nel coils that haven't paid the right to make them, as coiltek has.

You get it now bushwacker?

Hey,if the coil works and is cheaper,I'd buy it.maybe Minelab should step there game up where the xterra is concerned and make better coils.I had them all,and the 10.5 was the best,no complaints there.But I'm sure the wot coil misses shallow targets,and the hf hockey puck is worthless,might as well buy a compadre for that price.The xterra is a great machine but coil price and performance other than the 10.5 is not there.I would definitely buy another 705,but only with that coil.

Go ahead and buy the cheap rubbish. Hope the return postage on a dud Nel doesn't cost you too much.

And what is wrong with the coil range of mine lab and coiltek coils Woodbutcher?A dozen coils not enough for you?

I can tell you have very little experience with XTerra's and their coil choices.

The xterra is a great machine,hands down.the coils are way overpriced,by the time you get done buying them your way over the price vs performance. I'm not debating something I know first hand.If you buy a xterra the best coil is a 10.5,that's it.If you wanna sink your money into multiple coils at a unrealistic price and justify it by saying(it's like buying another machine for the price of a coil)then go ahead.Me,I'd rather buy a top end machine and be done.Yes,I do have experience with Minelab,multiple coils,from the 705 to the e Trac,owned them and moved on.

For what its worth I can attest that you can take a couple coils and have a great time and sucess with the 705. I have the 10x5 18.7 khz (that I've barely used) and the 3khz digger coil that has stayed on for over a year. I have silvers, Biggy coppers, relics and more cool finds. I hunt about once or twice a month. I'm intensly fussy about locations and pour over arieals and sat maps and locate small overlooked areas. Its not how many coils you have. I will say though I'm going to buy a 10.5, 7.5 khz and that's it. 3 total, period.
The guys here that are giving/gave advice are some of the best in the hobby!
Don't worry be happy!

Back
Top Bottom