• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Back to square one on the digger and a new pouch

GillyWI

Elite Member
Well the place I had ordered with (Big Valley Metal Detectors) says they don't have "something" in stock (don't say what) so no-go on the order (Wilcox 201 digger and they Big Valley Ultimate Digging Pouch, which I was really looking forward to.
On the digger I am still leaning towards something like a normal looking knife, I could maybe consider a Hori Hori or that style as well. I was looking around at different knives and I now see something shorter than the 201 might be better, maybe something along these lines:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILCOX-ALL-...878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4af0bf46

Here is a pic of the pouch they had, I'd like to find something like this (there is a video on their website), I have had a finds pouch (with strap holder for the propointer) and a separate one for a digger and a scoop, I'd like to get something like this "Ultimate" one which covers everything in one pouch without being too pricey.

Attachments

• wbigfindspouch.jpg
    wbigfindspouch.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 950
Actually I am sure I will like the digging tool I saw on eBay so went ahead and ordered it. Will be better than the Big Grip I am sure, LOL

Keep an eye out and you might find one of the find pouches on ebay. Hope you enjoy your new digger. Its not a style that I care for, but that doesn't mean a thing. I prefer the Jimmy Sierra digger myself.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, you know this stuff can drive a person crazy, SO many choices and opinions! All the diggers I have had (all Fiskars, 2 different styles) always were definitely in my price range but handles broke off of them, so time to put on my big boy pants and pay more than $7 and maybe this will last more than 2/3rd's of a season, LOL. This looks pretty tough without breaking the bank, not as much as a lot of recommended diggers but I think will do the job.

Weird that I sort of zeroed in on that same pouch! I was even going to mention it. As you can see that was early in the morning, I normally check the net before getting ready to go to work, so didn't think to post about that pouch.
I decided to ask Larry at Big Valley if he was getting any more pouches in, he said he should be getting more in almost any day. I can wait on the pouch, the one I have is getting me by (the digger is a more immediate need, if I was really desperate I would pick up another Fiskars, but I am OK. No signs of detecting withdrawl quite yet, LOL.

So I will stick with the Big Valley Ultimate pouch and the Wilcox digger is on the way.

Back
Top Bottom