AT Pro 5x8 vs. NEL sharpshooter

relichead

Banned
Ive been tryin to decide what coil to get for my at pro, was thinkin about the NEL snake(6.5x3.5) but not sure i wanna go quite so small...does anyone have experience with both the garrett 5x8 and the sharpshooter? is there any depth differences? and since the snake has to be specifically made for the at-pro and different for at gold...im only seeing 1 5x8 coil from garrett...for both AT's.....did Garrett cheap out and cost us depth by not makin a machine specific 5x8 coil? :?:

I wouldn't go any smaller than 5x8. Like the sniper, it's sooo specific. I haven't taken my Garrett 5x8 off since putting it on. Nice and light, great in the water.

I too debated the NEL and I did see a post or two saying it may get a bit more depth but that sounded like a "feeling" and not proven. I went with what was tried and trusted and don't regret it.

I can say I pulled a walking liberty half at almost 9 inches with the 5x8 and ATP on max sensitivity.

I don't own any Garrett equipment, but I have the NEL Sharpshooter on my F2.
After using it awhile I realized I was unlikely to ever remove it so I sold my sniper coil. The NEL is a well built coil with great separation. It comes with a coil and connecter cover. I can't say a lot about depth, maybe 5 or 6 inches normally on small items. I'm really not a depth seeker. The DD coil experience positively changed metal detection for me.

I've owned both for my ATP and the Nel coil will separate better but not a huge difference however the depth is where the Nel shines. It goes consistently to 10"+ so basically you get the depth of the Garrett standard large coil but with the weight and separation of the 5x8

I've owned both for my ATP and the Nel coil will separate better but not a huge difference however the depth is where the Nel shines. It goes consistently to 10"+ so basically you get the depth of the Garrett standard large coil but with the weight and separation of the 5x8

I for one am convinced! Now just need to save up for the snake!

I for one am convinced! Now just need to save up for the snake!

.its a hard decision to make...if the sharpshooter IS better than the 5x8.. it makes it even harder of a call to make..i want better separation but not sure i wanna go as small as the snake...sharpshooter may be just enuff of a middle ground between the snake and 5x8 to be the best choice...decisions decisions!!:?:

.its a hard decision to make...if the sharpshooter IS better than the 5x8.. it makes it even harder of a call to make..i want better separation but not sure i wanna go as small as the snake...sharpshooter may be just enuff of a middle ground between the snake and 5x8 to be the best choice...decisions decisions!!:?:

I've seen a few youtube videos that show pretty well that the NEL snake gets better separation than the 5x8 and also people saying that they get similar or better depth with NEL snake than the 5x8?

Back
Top Bottom