Deteknix Xpointer Wader Li

RX8

I purchased an Xpointer last July. Although I was pleased with it when it was working I had an issue with the battery connection (it would turn on and then off immediately). I had sent it in two times and it now needed to go in for a third time.

Instead of third return and repair, or even shipping me another Xpointer, Deteknix shipped to me the new Xpointer Wader Li. This was at no cost to me and they even sent it overnight mail from Hong Kong (which must have been expensive itself).

Impression is that it is very sturdy and high quality. Performance is on par with the Xpointer. The power button is also much improved over the Xpointer. It is also waterproof to 10 feet. Haven't tested it in water yet but I did clean it under the faucet. Best of all, it is powered by a lithium battery. I had it out for three hunts under one charge.

Here a couple of pics of the Wader Li.

Attachments

• 2015-05-30 20.36.00.jpg
    2015-05-30 20.36.00.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 644
  • 2015-05-30 20.36.25.jpg
    2015-05-30 20.36.25.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 599
I purchased an Xpointer last July. Although I was pleased with it when it was working I had an issue with the battery connection (it would turn on and then off immediately). I had sent it in two times and it now needed to go in for a third time.

Instead of third return and repair, or even shipping me another Xpointer, Deteknix shipped to me the new Xpointer Wader Li. This was at no cost to me and they even sent it overnight mail from Hong Kong (which must have been expensive itself).

Impression is that it is very sturdy and high quality. Performance is on par with the Xpointer. The power button is also much improved over the Xpointer. It is also waterproof to 10 feet. Haven't tested it in water yet but I did clean it under the faucet. Best of all, it is powered by a lithium battery. I had it out for three hunts under one charge.

Here a couple of pics of the Wader Li.

i love my original x-pointer, and have been waitin for these to come out to consider one against the other waterproof pp's...i like the fact they thought ahead of everyone and added a lith. rechargable battery!!(i think i read where u can actually buy a new battery for em if needed without to much electronics know how put em in urself)anyway...outa curiousity how is it with things like thin gold and smaller peices of foil?
also they relesed the diver x-pointer which if i remember right, is good to 30 meters:shock::shock:..plus they have the detune feature and i tink u can use with or without the led being on...just wonder what the retail is gonna be?

i love my original x-pointer, and have been waitin for these to come out to consider one against the other waterproof pp's...i like the fact they thought ahead of everyone and added a lith. rechargable battery!!(i think i read where u can actually buy a new battery for em if needed without to much electronics know how put em in urself)anyway...outa curiousity how is it with things like thin gold and smaller peices of foil?
also they relesed the diver x-pointer which if i remember right, is good to 30 meters:shock::shock:..plus they have the detune feature and i tink u can use with or without the led being on...just wonder what the retail is gonna be?

The Xpointer/Wader works very well and hits hard on most items. However, foil is not one of them. When I had the Wader out in the field my new F19 hit something loud and clear. Could not locate it with the pointer. It was a piece of foil, likely from gum, and even pressing it right up against the pointer tip it did not set the pointer off. However, this wouldn't keep me from buying an Xpointer. After all, I knew something was in the hole and I eventually found it.

Back
Top Bottom