Settings for WOT on XTerra 705

shedigz

Elite Member
I am trying to figure out what settings to use when running my WOT 7.5 kHz. It just seems so chattery that I can't get a good signal on anything. All I am digging is deep can slaw and pieces of junk.

Are you using the tracking ground balance & the noise cancel channel features?

The noise cancel channel feature has helped to cut the chatter down for me a few times.

Wish I could help but I never had to change my settings when using the WOT but I always used tracking and did a noise cancel. Sounds like it may be EMI. Does it act the same at all locations? i had the 3Khz WOT. Hope you get it figured out because it is a very deep coil. The biggest problem I had with it was the weight. Shortening the rod helped.

Turn your sensitivity up all the way to start. Then Noise Cancel, Auto GB, and after that back the Sens down until it becomes stable.
Coiltek coils are HOT, so don't be surprised if you end up with Sens set in the 20-24 neighborhood.
Also, it's a big coil that's looking at a lot of ground, so sweep speed needs to be slower to allow the machine to properly respond and ID all that it sees. Be sure that you're going slow enough before turning Sens down. And after that, any falsing that occurs can be an indication that you're speeding up.

Back
Top Bottom