must have accessories

Add a finds pouch light for night time and you're golden. Dig cloth?

If you hunt a lot of parks and schools, you may want to learn how to pop coins that are less than 3" deep with a thin screwdriver. Makes recovering shallow target fast without cutting plugs and pissing lookie loos off

At schools I will pop all coins less than 3 inches which is about all of them.. Sunday I gathered about $8 and dug about 4 plugs..

If you buy a new screwdriver (strait blade, 6 inch 3/16 blade) get a craftsman so you can get a new one if you break it off.. so far only broke mine once in the summer when ground was real dry and hard.

Knee-Pads?

Oh ya - Knee pads are a must!!! stops the rocks and gravel from chewing up your knees. They also stop your jeans from getting wet. Must have!

Finds bag and hook the pro pointer to the belt. Can hold the digger if you get a decent one. You can also clip your glove to the belt so you wont lose them.

I'd say you have the basics needed. Besides those, I like to carry a good sized pouch/bag, along with a hand towel (doubles as my digging cloth), and a screwdriver (probe).

I, nor any of my detecting friends use knee pads that I can ever remember. I might if I used a hand digger most of the time. Otherwise, my little Sampson pulls up clumps of dirt easily without needing to get on the knees. jm2c

I gotta get knee pads only 25 but getting up and down hurts after a while escpecially on cold ground

Here are what I condiser must haves for my hunting style.

Head phones, Digging tool, dig cloth, gloves, finds box, trash pouch, head lamp, pinpointer, knee pads.

I hunt a lot of parks and I hunt a lot after work which means I'm hunting in the dark this time of year. In addition to the above "must haves" which I have on my person while detecting I also keep in the truck:

spare digging tool
spare battery
spare headphones
long sleeve shirt (for the woods)
fleece pullover (for cooler months)
rain suit
flashlight
magnifying glass
water bottle
another finds box (in case I hunt multiple locations I like to keep the finds separate)
Sniper coil
hat
sunscreen
bug spray

Good grief I don't exactly travel light do I? But if I'm out hunting most of the day I don't want to be cut short.

Depending on what kind of detector you are using and the type of hunting you are doing, a small coil is invaluable. Most of the areas that I hunt are trash laden and a big coil is worthless. I usually try to keep the tools on my belt to a minimum, digger, pinpointer, finds pouch (I like a good deep nail pouch, trash on the left and goodies on the right. I also have a towel I carry on my belt for cleaning or as a dirt cloth.

Knee pads

Although I don't regularly use knee pads while detecting, I recently purchased a cheap set of foam ones from Menards for my wife in their garden section for less than $5 if I remember correctly.

They will fit in well with the color scheme of all you Ace users, though maybe a little less bright. I used them recently while building a pole barn and have decided to get another set for MDing. They were that comfortable.

If you hunt a lot of parks and schools, you may want to learn how to pop coins that are less than 3" deep with a thin screwdriver. Makes recovering shallow target fast without cutting plugs and pissing lookie loos off

At schools I will pop all coins less than 3 inches which is about all of them.. Sunday I gathered about $8 and dug about 4 plugs..

If you buy a new screwdriver (strait blade, 6 inch 3/16 blade) get a craftsman so you can get a new one if you break it off.. so far only broke mine once in the summer when ground was real dry and hard.

I always buy Craftsman tools from weekend markets for pennies on the dollar. I just take the messed up ones to Sears, boom!..new tools. Ha ha

Here are what I condiser must haves for my hunting style.

Head phones, Digging tool, dig cloth, gloves, finds box, trash pouch, head lamp, pinpointer, knee pads.

I hunt a lot of parks and I hunt a lot after work which means I'm hunting in the dark this time of year. In addition to the above "must haves" which I have on my person while detecting I also keep in the truck:

spare digging tool
spare battery
spare headphones
long sleeve shirt (for the woods)
fleece pullover (for cooler months)
rain suit
flashlight
magnifying glass
water bottle
another finds box (in case I hunt multiple locations I like to keep the finds separate)
Sniper coil
hat
sunscreen
bug spray

Good grief I don't exactly travel light do I? But if I'm out hunting most of the day I don't want to be cut short.

Man , I think you need a big truck to carry all that stuff around...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom