Fried Okra

Tinky1878

Forum Supporter
Who else here besides me absolutely loves fried okra?! This may sound silly, but a lot of people I know despises it. It surprises me because is is so darn tasty!

Attachments

• 477755757_3cd216e2ed.jpg
    477755757_3cd216e2ed.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 247
I really like fried okra.. do not care for it much other ways... used to get it breaded and frozen in Albertson's... have not seen it for a while. Hmmmm .. will have to look for it again... RickO

I really like fried okra.. do not care for it much other ways... used to get it breaded and frozen in Albertson's... have not seen it for a while. Hmmmm .. will have to look for it again... RickO

To be honest, I really have not tried it any other way. Around here, you can find it frozen everywhere. But, my favorite way is to grow it and fix it myself. I have not did that for a couple years though.

I like it too--I haven't had any for a few years, so I'm going to have to get some. What about fried eggplant? That's something else I love, better than the okra, actually!

I like it too--I haven't had any for a few years, so I'm going to have to get some. What about fried eggplant? That's something else I love, better than the okra, actually!

Hmmm...never had it. I will have to grow some egg plant next year and try it.

Hmmm...never had it. I will have to grow some egg plant next year and try it.

It's great! I like it sliced thin, like an 8th of an inch, then dip it into beaten eggs, then into cracker crumbs, then into a hot skillet--yum...yum!

Just about anything that is battered and fried will taste good. I absolutely despise beets, but I would probably eat them if fried. :lol:

Just about anything that is battered and fried will taste good. I absolutely despise beets, but I would probably eat them if fried. :lol:

That's true, and I know I wouldn't like them if they weren't battered--I hate beets to; maybe not as much as turnips though:D!

That's true, and I know I wouldn't like them if they weren't battered--I hate beets to; maybe not as much as turnips though:D!

Oooohhh!!! I love turnips right out of the ground!!! I eat em' like apples!!! I will have to plant some turnips when the weather cools down a bit. (Turnips grow best in the cooler months.)

Oooohhh!!! I love turnips right out of the ground!!! I eat em' like apples!!! I will have to plant some turnips when the weather cools down a bit. (Turnips grow best in the cooler months.)

You may need to get your taste buds checked out!:lol:

i love it! i also like fried zucchini{sp} my favorite way to eat okra is pickled..i usually can some every year and add some habanaro, jalepeno,baby onions and carrots in with em. i planted soem okra this year but they are not doing to well..my mater plants are doin ok and my peppers are growin better this year than they ever have. and we have been pullin squash for 3 weeks now.

Ain't nutin better (veg wise) than fried okra, fried squash comes in a close second though. Shake them in a sack of seasoned cornmeal with a little flour. Fry them up golden brown. I like about all vegies except brussel sprouts and kale. Too much of a green taste. Turnips cooked with a slice of fried bacon for flavor, mashed potatoes, and pan fried pork chops, man what a meal. Now ya'll got me hungry and I'm on a diet. Stress test on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom