weekend odds 'n ends

007tallguy

Elite Member
got out for several hours both Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday started off searching for a lost family ring. i was told the general area where it "might" be, but part of the search area was on the neighboring property. the owner was home, so i had a nice chat with her and she had no problem with me straying onto her side of the property line as well.

unfortunately, no luck with the ring, but i did find my first 2 large cents of the year! since it was her land and those weren't my intended target, i rightfully offered them to her. she said let's split them, one for her and one for me. both were pretty grimy, so i don't know what year hers' was, but mine turned out to be a 1913. :D
i hit the other old place i've been searching later on and although i didn't find anything old, besides nails and trashy targets, i did manage to come away with 5.51 in clad! one pocket spill really had my heart racing since this is a very old house/property! i dug my plug and saw there were at least 3 coins stacked atop of each other and shiny!! :shock: right away i'm thinking i struck some old silver. such was not the case, it was a loonie, a toonie and a quarter. oh, and a worm standing guard over it! :lol:
hey, it's not silver, but it was still 3.25 in one hole!! i'm kinda glad we have the $1 and $2 coins up here. :p

i hit the same place again today and came up with 15 cents in clad, a piece of a pocket watch, a very old and rusted pocket knife, some other small miscellaneous items and my best find of the day, another large cent! this one was an 1895 and in really good condition. it's not a key date, but it's a low mintage year, so it's worth about $10-15. :D

thanks for looking,

Pete :D

Attachments

• IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMAG0455.jpg
    IMAG0455.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMAG0462.jpg
    IMAG0462.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 178
  • IMAG0463.jpg
    IMAG0463.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 180
Congrats on your 3-1=2 large cents. Too bad you didn't find the ring you were looking for. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

Congrats on your 3-1=2 large cents. Too bad you didn't find the ring you were looking for. Good Luck on future hunts. : )

thank you! :D
yeah, i could have kept quite and easily kept both of those l/c's, but that's just not my nature. as it was, i left there with one more l/c than i expected to have. ;)
not quite sure yet, but i may hit that general area again for the ring.
and i'm going to try some electrolysis on that old knife and see how it goes. the rust is quite heavy on it and it was about 9 inches down, so it seems to be quite old. it might look pretty good once it's cleaned up. :yes:

Pete

Back
Top Bottom