Nude Beach - Best Day Yet....well until...

ewe....thats creepy though its funny at the same time...dark humor I guess...

Really disgusting how people throw cremated ashes in the water. Yeah its just ashes at this point but still human remains. People should atleast have the decency not to put them in a public beach area. I think it should be illegal. Just plain nasty!

Nice going!!!Imagine if the sun came out while you were there and the weather turned nice:lol::lol::lol:Good luck and HH

Nice going!!!Imagine if the sun came out while you were there and the weather turned nice:lol::lol::lol:Good luck and HH

Well truth be told I could not stay away today....I hit the same beach...and the sun was out....so uh....yeah there were some people there...not that I looked I was too busy hunting...I did not bag too much though... I only had time to hunt 45 minutes so I got .71 cents and a Shubb Capo Noir just like the one below: (used for guitar playing...it was almost like new) Worked out nice because it fits my daughters guitar just fine!

Attachments

• Capo Noir 06-08-2010.jpg
    Capo Noir 06-08-2010.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 328
I don't know...there's far worse things in the water than some ashes of a loved one... I'd take that over oil anyday!

True , but there things that cant be helped and then there are things done on purpose. Guess which dumping ashes falls under ? :grin:

they're really just returning matter back to basically carbon... It's harmless and doesn't hurt anything having someone's last request given to them. I think it is quite honorable, especially for seamen to be burried at sea... It's all the circle of life...

Im just a little bummed there were no photos..... you know i was talking about the clad haha.

Dew

a place me and Keith hit reg an old lady told me she spread her late husband ashes all over the place in the grass:shock:
curtis

You could of taken your clothes off and maybe been the first nude detecting person on that beach . With no clothes on they probably wouldn't of paid any attention to you walking around there detecting. I wouldn't try video taping your hunt and finds tho.

Harold

I found one of those crematory serial #'d tags two weeks ago about a foot and a half deep at the beach. After I cleaned it off and realized what it was I put it right back in that big hole I dug. That was the first time I filled a hole back in with a find I made. I really didn't want to throw it elsewhere so I figured I should put it back in the hole, and I made sure to fill that hole better than any i've ever filled before.
I actually have a client who goes to a nude beach in NJ, I'll ask her if they just strip on the beach or have changing rooms lol. I've been wondering these things myself lol, now I can use your experience as a reason to ask. ;) Oh and great job on your best clad totals too!

Last edited:
I found one of those crematory serial #'d tags two weeks ago about a foot and a half deep at the beach. After I cleaned it off and realized what it was I put it right back in that big hole I dug. That was the first time I filled a hole back in with a find I made. I really didn't want to throw it elsewhere so I figured I should put it back in the hole, and I made sure to fill that hole better than any i've ever filled before.
I actually have a client who goes to a nude beach in NJ, I'll ask her if they just strip on the beach or have changing rooms lol. I've been wondering these things myself lol, now I can use your experience as a reason to ask. ;) Oh and great job on your best clad totals too!

Sounds like my kind of client Steve! :yes::lol: So tell me, Does she strip on the beach! :photo: :lol: j/k bro

All the beaches in So Cal and you have to go to a nude beach. Yea, I would wait for a cloudy day too! NOT. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wish there was a nude beach here. :shock:

True , but there things that cant be helped and then there are things done on purpose. Guess which dumping ashes falls under ? :grin:

They pump billions of gallons of treated sewage into the ocean every day, on purpose. I'll take the ashes over sewage every time.

While reading a few comments regarding the scattering cremated remains, I feel the need to educate my fellow md'ers on the subject of scattering cremains.

When readying cremains for sea scattering, we purposely remove the cremation tag and give that to the family (Not all funeral homes do this however.) We also inform families to scatter cremains in a private place and if possible, offshore. We do have urns that are specifically made for scattering at sea and are very popular here in FL. With our cremation rate being the highest in the US between Fort Myers and Sarasota, there are most likely more cremains scattered here than anywhere as well and you would never know they were there. ;)

FYI, cremains are nothing more than the "processed" bones of someone's loved one. They are for the most part, calcium phosphates with some minute mineral content such as salts of sodium and potassium. A fractional amount of carbon may remain as carbonate as well.

Cremated remains really have no distinct look physically and therefore on a beach, mixed in with sand, you would never know the difference even after lab analysis. Just think of how many bones of fish have washed up on the beaches over the years. Yes I know a human is different, but keep in mind physically and chemically, bones are bones.

And BTW, I agree with Scoundrel, I'd much rather cremains that sewage any day!!

I apologize for the thread takeover for a minute, I'll get off of the soapbox now, carry on. :D

Back
Top Bottom