First Hunt

GoldRoger

My metal detector came in today around 10am.  By the time I had it unpacked and ready to go it was 98 degrees outside.  I visited a friend's property and found 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 2 pennies (all clad), 2 nuts, a Coca-Cola can and some various large iron pieces.  I was sweating bullets and decided to head to the local park where there would be some shade to be found.  There I found a couple of dozen pull tabs, 2 pennies and some various other oddities.  Hopefully I can get up early enough tomorrow to devote some significant time to metal detecting without worrying about having a heat stroke.

GoldRoger said:
My metal detector came in today around 10am. By the time I had it unpacked and ready to go it was 98 degrees outside. I visited a friend's property and found 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 2 pennies (all clad), 2 nuts, a Coca-Cola can and some various large iron pieces. I was sweating bullets and decided to head to the local park where there would be some shade to be found. There I found a couple of dozen pull tabs, 2 pennies and some various other oddities. Hopefully I can get up early enough tomorrow to devote some significant time to metal detecting without worrying about having a heat stroke.

My advice would be to go to a beach where you could cool off in between detecting spurts. Just my 2 cents, tho! :lol:

Snowy said:
My advice would be to go to a beach where you could cool off in between detecting spurts. Just my 2 cents, tho! :lol:
What is this thing you call a beach? No such place in landlocked Arkansas :(.

It looks like you're off to a good start...and making pretty typical finds..anything other than clad and junk will likely be few and far between : but there's always a chance for that one find that'll make your week, month, year, or decade...thus, the joy of the hunt ! Leakinbattries

Good luck, and you be very careful in that heat.

It seems the heatwave has broken here, thank goodness.

GoldRoger said:
Snowy said:
What is this thing you call a beach? No such place in landlocked Arkansas :(.

There's gotta be a popular swimming hole around there somewhere, no?

I doubt if you get hotter than here in so Az but what I do is start swinging about 20 min after sunrise and am ready to quit about 10 - 11 :00. That way it isnt real hot yet and I have gotten in 5-6 hours or so.
When an unusual cooling trend comes along - like here, 85 this week - be ready to give it your all. I'm going out tomorrow all day or until I give out. When the heat returns this Fri-Sat I'll cut back again. Good luck, Steve in so az

Welcome and congrats on your successful maiden voyage. Looks like your learning your machine well. The other key to good finds is RESEARCH.

Good Huntin
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom