Piece of old gun??

RebelProspector

Can someone help me identify this, I have looked at lots of pictures, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts at identifying this piece....Thanks for any and all help you can give me!!!

Sorry I don't have any pictures to gauge size by, but these are the only pictures I have, and do not currently have the item to remake them...Thanks again

Attachments

• 1382311058249.jpg
    1382311058249.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 350
  • 2013-10-20 18.19.50.jpg
    2013-10-20 18.19.50.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 1382311000900.jpg
    1382311000900.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 322
I'm have no known expertise in guns, but my guess would be something to do with a flare gun. On Google type in: "WWII Flare gun".

Yep. Almost definitely a piece of a gun. That spur on the back is the hammer. Pretty interesting though because of how it’s constructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a flare gun but there is no trigger guard which I would expect to be integral. My first thought is one of the old single shot shotguns but it’s hard to tell with no scale

Yep. Almost definitely a piece of a gun. That spur on the back is the hammer. Pretty interesting though because of how it’s constructed.

Yes it is interesting, I found this around an old homestead that burned down in the sixties, also found 1 wheat cent close to where this piece was that is dated 1916, the old home had been around since the turn of the century.

I'm have no known expertise in guns, but my guess would be something to do with a flare gun. On Google type in: "WWII Flare gun".

Like I said I apologize for not having something to gauge the size of this, but I believe the barrel is to small for a flare gun...the barrel size is approximately the size of a dime or penny, total length is approximately 4" to 5" and height is about 3"...still could be a flare gun though, don't know enough about them to be sure, thank you for your input

Ehhhh military flare guns probably have a 1-2” bore. I’m leaning toward something kinda like this. Stevens Model 35. They came in up to .410 which is about the size. Trigger guard is not integrated. And looks like the barrel would thread into the front of the receiver. Firearms like that would have been common at the beginning of the century on farms and fairly inexpensive.
eaeda84003a1ce2193b5ce4f2afffb80.jpg

What you have is part of the action of a falling block rifle.
I don't know what maker.
Pulled the fancy one from the web to give an idea.

Attachments

• falling block rifle 1.jpg
    falling block rifle 1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 242
Awww damn it. I should have had that one. I grew up with a falling block 6mm. Good ID

Back
Top Bottom