Noisy backyard

Jeepfreak81

Hi all, so I've been able to get out into my backyard a few times so far. Although we just got a couple inches of snow and ice that I have to wait for :mad: Anyway, My AT Pro is very noisey out there. Seems like my yard was used for what many yards in this area were used for....a dump. I'm running Pro Zero, Iron disc 35 with the stock coil. Aside from a couple pennies I've dug up lots of trash and nails. While I appreciate the experience I'm gaining, I could probably dig a hole anywhere in the yard and find trash.

Is it worth discriminating out more to see if I can pick out the better stuff? At some point I plan to invest in the 5X8 coil, but funds are low right now so it'll have to wait.

I user Pro coin mode, iron disc at 35 for really trashy areas...I have the 5X8 that I use, but I also have the stock coil and run the same settings.

you'll still hit the foil and pull tabs, but that' also where nickels and gold is at, so you want those signals

I user Pro coin mode, iron disc at 35 for really trashy areas...I have the 5X8 that I use, but I also have the stock coil and run the same settings.

you'll still hit the foil and pull tabs, but that' also where nickels and gold is at, so you want those signals

I don't mind digging some pull tabs and foil in hopes of hitting a nickel or some gold, it's the insane amount of junk metal that gets tiresome. I do want to pick up a 5X8 coil at some point.

I'd try pro coin, disc 40 and drop sensitivity about 3-4 bars down from max

I'm going to give this a try next time I can get out in the yard, still battling snow/sleet/rain and wind here. Tractor trailers were rolling over from the wind yesterday. Been a nasty couple of days here in Northern NH.

If it was me and you could tolerate it first thing to do is use no discrim and leave the iron audio on, Make sure your in Pro Zero, keep it out of STD. You can turn the sensitiity way down. She will sing like a machine gun if it's really trashy but at least it won't cut and break with the constipated sounding tones. This way you can try to listen through the trash and attempt to hear anything that is more them likely being masked and discrimed out. Just take it really slow and you should be about to sniff out some goodies if they are there.

Back
Top Bottom