My picture today got me to thinking

bergie

Forum Supporter
I when metal detecting at the old drive-in today with the new 600 equinox. Decided to take 3030 with me also in case the 600 didn't work out. 600 really likes a aluminum bottle caps could not phase those things out. Notched out all the pulltabs and things in that range bottle caps was up in the penny dime range. I did manage to find quite a few pennies, one quarter and a few dimes no silver. I think me and the 3030 cleaned all the silver out over the last four or five years. Was there around two hours also stop by the Park for an hour found quite a few coins there with the 600. I swear after swing 600 most of the time I think the 3030 is lighter I guess it is balanced better. Decided to snap a picture for my avatar with the vehicle and detectors with the old drive-in in the background. Got home to put it on the form realize my 3030 cost more in my vehicle did.:lol: It is a 1997 Geo tracker that keeps on run and run never lets me down plus it gets good fuel mileage. Picked it up and estate auction a couple of years ago put new tires on it been run it ever since. Of course the wife has to have a new Jeep Cherokee to cruise around in me just give me an old ride and I'm happy:yes:And by the way this drive-in is still in operation they open up may the 4.I go there occasionally when they have a decent movie. Seems like I cannot get into these new movies nowadays.

Attachments

• thumbnail (480x640) (480x640).jpg
    thumbnail (480x640) (480x640).jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 217
Love it! I really enjoy driving old pieces of junk that nobody would steal..easy to fix, never need to be washed, etc..reliable as all get out... ...

The cool thing is you can drive that rig for a good long while, and probably sell it for what you paid for it or maybe more! Thats unusual in the World of Wheels! Good Job you!:thumbsup:

My 'Rosie' is similar...Shes my DD as well as my Detecting rig... 2001 Chevy Prizm..(Corolla).....bought her off of CL about 5yrs ago...Never a lick of trouble that I couldnt fix myself..Just put new tires on her last Fall...I've even been on some long runs..to the GOM and back and to ATL a time or two...

I'm gonna stick with the Toyota 4cyls for a while I think..2005 or older...Insurance and tags are the most expense a guy has to worry about..

Attachments

• sept 2914.jpg
    sept 2914.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 130
  • gluten.jpg
    gluten.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 119
  • spring cleaning.jpg
    spring cleaning.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
bergie, keep an eye on the frame where the A-arms attach. My sister had one and the frame rotted-out there (right side). I did a temporary patch/weld job on it because she wasn't in the position to replace her vehicle at the time.

Love it! I really enjoy driving old pieces of junk that nobody would steal..easy to fix, never need to be washed, etc..reliable as all get out... ...

The cool thing is you can drive that rig for a good long while, and probably sell it for what you paid for it or maybe more! Thats unusual in the World of Wheels! Good Job you!:thumbsup:

My 'Rosie' is similar...Shes my DD as well as my Detecting rig... 2001 Chevy Prizm..(Corolla).....bought her off of CL about 5yrs ago...Never a lick of trouble that I couldnt fix myself..Just put new tires on her last Fall...I've even been on some long runs..to the GOM and back and to ATL a time or two...

I'm gonna stick with the Toyota 4cyls for a while I think..2005 or older...Insurance and tags are the most expense a guy has to worry about..
Hey MP did you build that kayak? Is it a Pigmy or CLC. Nice.;)

bergie, keep an eye on the frame where the A-arms attach. My sister had one and the frame rotted-out there (right side). I did a temporary patch/weld job on it because she wasn't in the position to replace her vehicle at the time.

Thanks for the information the frame is actually an excellent shape. As I have welded for 40 years many of vehicle frames I have patched. Specially the old Chevrolet love pickups I think they were rusted into the days they come off assembly-line.:lol:

Nice ride there those Toyota four cylinders are tough little engines. Fellows around here have those old Toyota pickups and run them forever.

Thanks for the information the frame is actually an excellent shape. As I have welded for 40 years many of vehicle frames I have patched. Specially the old Chevrolet love pickups I think they were rusted into the days they come off assembly-line.:lol:

Now that I think about it, I think it was a bolt-on crossmember, engine cradle? so it would have been the lower A-arm. Been 20+ years ago, but I recalled telling here to call for junkyard part, but she was ready to upgrade vehicles anyway.

Back
Top Bottom