AT Pro Waterproof Headphones/ Possibly Custom Built?

Steve77

Elite Member
I am planning on buying some waterproof headphones for MDing while snorkeling in fresh water. I have read reviews on the Garrett "blues" and have pretty much ruled them out. The Gray Ghost Amphibians reviews are mixed. Sounds like they are well built, but sound quality isn't the greatest due to the piezo speakers from what I've read.

I don't have very good hearing, so volume control is pretty important. There are some pitches that are tough for me to hear, but the stock headphones work fine for my hearing.

I don't have any MD stores nearby to try anything out before buying. Nearest place is well over an hour away. So I need some advice. Is there anything that might work well for me?

I am not opposed to building Something simple myself, I can solder and follow instructions, but I am no electronics wizard. I would also consider someone here who builds them and has good feedback.

Should I have posted this somewhere else? I know someone must have some advice.

Anyone know of a video of an AT Pro and the Amphibians that I can hear how the tones sound?

The Grey Ghosts are just fine. I don't think you'll be able to get as good as sound quality out of waterproof headphones as land only due to their nature. However, the Grey Ghosts still sound fine and perform great. The added adjustable volume is a plus. I don't regret buying mine at all.
That's my experience for what it's worth.

Speakers, the same they use in the Black Widows, Sunray Pro Golds, and almost all of the big named HP's.....that's why the Viper sings... very loud on the CTX and way to loud on the Infinium..need volume control .. I have stopped making/moding all till next year, hope this helps others do there own..these are the Skullies

The skullies II's uses piezo's, much louder and perfect for hunting in PP with the Bluetube..cause I dig just about everything..

Awesome post! Thanks for the info, few are generous enough to share what took so much time and ingenuity to perfect.

You could never imagine how many different changes it took me to get to this point...all tested over the last few years in and under the water.

You could never imagine how many different changes it took me to get to this point...all tested over the last few years in and under the water.

I recognize that, that is why I wanted to say thanks! Lots of time, money and determination to develop high quality products. For you to share the info free of charge is beyond generous.:chaplin:

Well, I bit the bullet today and ordered a set of the Amphibians from Myers Metal Detecting. Phil was good to me before, and this time was no different.

I will probably build a set like OBN's but for getting in the water fast, I figured ordering a factory pair would be best. I am going to start accumulating the parts for a build too.

Anyone have a link to a thread with sources for things like the cord, volume control etc.? Seems like I seen a list some time ago, can't locate it now.

Let me look around I have the parts and links list some where...

Back
Top Bottom