Best find in Change?

1888 indian head penny from the bank when I cashed my check...gave it to the guy I worked with. My sister got 3 walking liberty half dollars at the store she works, from a customer buying cigarettes.

No date standing liberty quarter from my local CVS. After the girl handed that to me in my change I convinced her to open her register and see if there were anymore. Must of been $30 in quarters, none were silver. What are the odds that she grabbed the only one in there just for me...lol.

This is all stuff my dad got from his register at work from Christmas 2013 to July 2014. He gives me all the stuff he finds and his employees always keep an eye out as well. They look for coins and bills.

The paper money
A5A00252-F97F-462A-AAE3-588F26C380C8_zpsitru1aah.jpg

The silver coins
890737F4-106C-41FB-A3F2-AEFF03E46903_zpshky7mpdr.jpg

I got a 1967 40% Kennedy half a few months ago at a poker game.

When I was in my mid 20's my Mom worked at a bank and had some old people come in and want to open an account. They had about $200 in face silver including Silver Dollars. My Mom explained to them that the coins were worth 3 or 4 time the face value being silver but they didn't care.

Mom called me and asked if I wanted these coins since I had a coin collection. Besides the Silver Dollars and some Walkers & Franklins the rest was mostly common circulated dimes and quarters.

There was a smile on my face for a week!

1883 'No Cents" V nickel...got it at the NYNY in Vegas out of a Nickel Video Poker Machine. As I was feeding the machine this nickel kept getting rejected. After 3 tries I took a look and wow...it is in great shape.

I have gotten several Washingtons and Rosies in change as well as 3 Mercs too. 100's of wheats and a few buffs too. Also several silver from a Coinstar but the best single find at one was a flying eagle penny.

About 10 years ago when I was in high school, I worked at a local mall. I bought a drink from the vending machine, and got a 1918 barber dime as change. That's what got me interested in old coins.

Back
Top Bottom