Who Left This Hole?

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
Okay, I wanna know who left this hole on the beach?

And I don't want to hear any excuses that the tide will come in and fill the hole. Cause it won't.

Please fill your holes so joggers don't sprain their ankles. PLEASE!

Nothing worse than going to a beach, and it looks like your on the moon. :roll:

Attachments

• dontleaveholes.jpg
    dontleaveholes.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 364
I hope it wasn't a detectorists, was it possibly a fisherman digging for bait ?
There's no excuse for anyone leaving a hole, but it still happens. Even on rallies I go to. I find myself filling other people's holes. Why do some detectorists find it so difficult to leave an area, how they found it ?

On some of our club sites, I find myself, filling in the holes left by animals :yes:

Could it be someone was trying to bury another anchor chain? :lol:
Just kidding. That is a very bad habit. Carol talks of joggers but some one wading when the tide come back in could twist an ankle also :roll:

Who jogs in the mud? lol...

I find those all the time making my way to hunt in the water Carol.. I tried filling some in but those who make them don't really care...

Try falling in one of the holes out in the water, you get a very cold surprise for sure ;)

Uhm hmm .. This drives me nuts too. I'm embarassed for the people who left it behind when I see such things, and yes, I've gone and buried someone else's hole because I don't want people thinking it was me. Perhaps the person who left the hole was still watching and learned something.

Good post Carol. I've never thought of taking a picture of someone else's dig left unfilled and posting it.

Your post definitely brings attention to the problem.

could you imagine if the tide rolled out and a mother with a stroller went over that whole? one flyin' baby x.x

I can't imagine someone digging a hole that size with all those rocks just for fun to make a sand castle!

Do people actually jog in all those rocks?

Now I see what you mean about the stones and rocks on the beachs you hunt up there.

Yes they do jog on the beaches here, especially this beach.

It's not mud, it's wet sand. The sand is grey when wet, and packs hard.

The picture was taken during the spring and the summer sand hasn't been pushed up on the beach yet.

Regardless, this is just an example of laziness, and leaving holes reflects on all of us.

And it never works out where the one that did it is the one that breaks the ankle. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom