class ring returned after 22 years

KENNE-BILL

Back in 2007 I found a 1988 class ring in the water at Kailua Beach here on Oahu, I contacted the ring manufacturer Herff Jones with a description and they were able to tell me what school the person graduated from which is in Tampa, Florida. I was able to make out the first name of the person but the inscription with her last name was only partially visible due to wear. I found a website for the school and posted info about the ring in their Alumni's lost class ring section, that was in 2007 and never did get any response. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I did some googling which led to me to a class reunion site and from there was able to ID the owner, after emailing a few people the rings owner was located. She was in total disbelief that someone had found her ring after such a long time, turns out she lost the ring in 1991 and I found it in 2007 and had it until now which is 22 years.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 730
You know Kenne, these are the stories that the media should write about. The actions we take to bring closure back to a person, like you did. That is an awesome story.. Thank you for sharing and job well done !!

another class ring returned.

You put a lot of effort into that. Well done!

I have a meeting today at 12:30 to do the same. A 1969 class ring (my first) lost in the 80's that I found about a month ago.

For tracking these folks down, we should be called "Metal Detectives". :grin:

You put a lot of effort into that. Well done!

I have a meeting today at 12:30 to do the same. A 1969 class ring (my first) lost in the 80's that I found about a month ago.

For tracking these folks down, we should be called "Metal Detectives". :grin:

Good luck and keep us posted mlitty! Coincidentally this was also my first and only class ring I've ever found.

Good luck and keep us posted mlitty! Coincidentally this was also my first and only class ring I've ever found.

My first and only so far as well! I was quite a thrill to pop that big gold ring out of the ground.

I'm expecting to find a lot more any day now. :lol:

Also, I would never have thought to contact the manufacturer. That was brilliant.

I would think that a local newspaper in your area would probably publish a little story about this - great story

AWESOME job! There's no better feeling - then when you see the expression on their face, when you present that long lost treasure to them :yes: Way to promote the hobby!

Back
Top Bottom